5

I quickly slammed the car door and stood outside the apartments in shock. My legs wouldn't move, my eyes fixated on each apartment. I was going to living somewhere other than the streets. For the first time since I was five.

"Uh, Vik?" I said, beginning to tremble.

"Yeah?" He replies, noticing the slight quiver in my tone. He turned to face me as my shaking worsened.

"I haven't been Inside a home since I was five." The words just seemed to flow out of my mouth, and Vik seemed like a very trusting guy. "I don't know how to uh, um, I don't know."

"It's okay. Take a breath. This is all new for you. The other guys are gunna love you and you'll be just fine," Josh smiles, rubbing my back.

I was relieved. Josh thought I'd be okay, and I felt an oddly at peace with him.

I walked up the long stairs to the apartment. Each step I took, I got closer to my next chapter. Who knew where it would take me.

Josh grabs the keys from his pocket and opens the door. All eyes turn to where we stood. "So guys, this is- wait a mo, we don't even know your name," Vik exclaimed, elbowing me softly to speak.

"Uh yeah, sorry. I'm kelli Wills. Call me whatever, I probably won't be here long so don't feel the need to get close to me," I say, speaking the complete truth, I'm sure they didn't want me here.

A pink haired boy, quite tall, maybe six foot stood up, a girl with a lighter shade of pink copying him and wrapped her hand around his waist, obviously telling me he's hers. I nodded to her and she gave a small smile.

"I'm Simon and that's Talia," Simon says to me holding out his hand to shake.

I shook it and Talia spoke up. "Should be nice to have another girl around, nice to meet you!"

Her truthful tone made me smile and I stood their awkwardly. "She's here for as long as she likes, and before you guys go judging her you ought to know she was from the streets. She blacked out and we took her to the hospital. Lucky we found her to be honest," Josh says and walks to the sink to get me a glass of water. I thank him and try to take small sips, but failed and drank the whole glass in a few gulps.

Everyone laughed. "Don't blame you on that one," Simon says. "Well I've got editing to do before tonight, I'll leave you with Talia. See you later," Simon saunters off, his long legs stepping over a beanbag and out the front door.

I still stand there feeling wrongly placed. I shouldn't be here, why did they bring me here?
Maybe they felt bad for me, probably that one. Obviously that one. I didn't want to be a burden on them, but Talia took my hand and sat me on the sofa. "Sorry, I'm just trying to get a read on you."

"Well..?" I say, not knowing what her reply would be.

"Furrowed eyebrows, obviously worried. That's okay, if I'm totally honest I don't think Josh and Vik have ever wanted some random girl in the apartment they just met. You must be special," Talia says, and I'm a little taken aback by her comment.

I don't know what to say. "Sorry, if I'm honest I don't know why'd they'd want me here anyway, I'm just a homeless girl who smashed their hand on a window and hasn't eaten or drank in a couple weeks. Not properly anyway. Sorry to bother you, I'm not one to make friends and don't normally trust people but I needed this, I needed help."