25

I realised in these moments walking back to the apartment that friendships were messy, complicated. But they were some of the best ones, and the best ones are always when you least expect.

I slowly unlocked the door, careful not to disturb anyone if they were both sleeping. After an awkwardly loud pull of the handle I shut the door behind me, feeling the blast of warmth fill my insides.

I kick off my shoes, not knowing where they landed, and decide to go watch Netflix on the sofa, laughing when I see Josh and Freya both asleep there. I smile and turn off the tv, deciding to stream on Twitch for an hour or so. The girls told me how it works, and I filmed a quick video for my Instagram story welcoming anyone who is still awake to join.

I decide to play some Minecraft, and I gain about 40 viewers and I giggle as I read the comments coming through about my lack of knowledge in this game.

Then I see a comment reading, 'lemme join ur world, can't sleep either'

After a struggle trying to allow him to join my world, Harry is now playing too, the comments going wild.

"You should be asleep, it's nearly 2am," Harry says as he passes me a stone sword.

I thank him and I tell him I could ask the same question. But neither of us reply, both our minds racing too much to sleep.

I watch as he digs a hole from above, telling me go down and see if there's any diamonds. I oblige and scream when I die from a high fall. "You cheeky bastard!" I wail, and quickly cover my mouth, hearing slight movement in the living room.

Through the fits of laughter I check the time. It's just over 3am, and time has flown. By now me and Harry have a decent-sized wooden house, and I have five pets. Two dogs, a dolphin, a turtle and a chicken.

I stare proudly at my precious pets, but I catch Harry sprinting over, sword in hand and I can hear his poor attempt of hiding his malicious laugh. He uses his wooden sword and takes a hit at my dog, named doggy. (Harry tutted at my rubbish name, but I liked it.) I curse at him and jump in front of him so Harry accidentally hits me.

"Nice try Harold," I grin, but blush at the nickname I used. Luckily he can't see, and my face is lit up by the sight of Harry being chased by doggy. I howl with laughter, clutching my stomach, trying to stop myself as I watch the wolf's red eyes go off into the distance, as is Harry.

I knew my trick I learnt from him worked when I hear a shriek from the other end of my headphones. "HE KILLED ME!" He whines, and I laugh and pause my game.

"Well, I guess we'll leave it there. Hope you enjoyed my stream with Harry, hit me up on Instagram if you want more streams and what games to play. Peace!"

I end the stream and all I can hear is Harry. "Pick up your phone mate," he says and I do as he says.

Incoming FaceTime call from
Harry Lewis

I answer and say hello. My tone is groggy and quiet, I'm too tired for a long talk or whatever he wanted to say. I place my phone on the bedside table and face it towards me as I get into bed. I bury myself under the covers, only my face to be seen. He laughs at me, the phone lighting up my face. I giggle too, as he does the same.

"What did you wanna talk about?" I ask, curious on this random call.

"You're the only one awake and I wanted company," he replies and I nod.

We talk for a while, about non-confidential things like sports and plans for videos. He asked me where I saw myself in a year. "Hopefully still here If I'm honest. What I'm doing now and what I have is all I've ever wanted."

He acknowledges my response, but before I hear his reply, I shut my eyes and whisked away into sleep.

~

"Shit," I rub my eyes trying to get them to focus, I check my alarm clock and the time is 2:00pm. For once I slept through the birds wake up call.

I freeze when I see my phone next to me, still on FaceTime. Harry is sound asleep on the other line and my phone is still on decent battery percentage. I watch as he doesn't stir at my voice, his expression still soft and harmless, as if he was a bear cub. He quite exhales and inhales keep me calm as I lie back in bed, not wanting to get out today.

Some days I want to be full of excitement and hard work, other days I want to spend like this, doing nothing with someone else. If I was honest, I enjoyed the company. Not having any for over eighteen years made you like that.

I had no complaints though as I watched Harry in his deep sleep, wondering what he was going to do when he realised it was gone noon.

-Harry-

As I fell asleep too after noticing Kelli had dozed off, I caught a last glimpse of her peacefulness, her slightly parted lips, her hair covering parts of her face. And that was the last imagine I saw before entering a dream.

This dream was unlike any before. It had Kelli in it, and Cassie, and they were talking outside my apartment door. I peaked around the corner, trying to catch what they were saying. "What do you think your doing here?"

"I came to see Harry about a video."

Cassie had a disbelieving look plastered on her face as she replied. "Bull."

Kelli shook her head, "Why? Someone feeling a bit jealous?" She smirks.

I notice Cassie's face heating up. "Stay away from him and this apartment. He's mine and he loves me, and besides he would never love someone like you. So just give up the crap and go away."

I awake with a start, the dream feeling like some sort of message. But what was I going to do, I knew Cassie and Kelli didn't get along, so was I going to have to make a choice?