7

As everyone began to part, I recapped on one of the best days I've had in forever.

I went over to the kitchen Island and sat down on one of the stools. Talia, obviously very bouncy and energetic, hopped onto the stool next to me. "Hey!" She said, her breathing wheezy.

"Hey!" I said, shocked at my upbeat and positive tone.

She smiled and none of us had to say anything else. We sat with our faces on the cool marble counter, mumbling small talk.

~

I awoke with a small but startling tap on my shoulder. It was Josh, this was his apartment after all. He whispered me a greeting and asked me if I knew what the time was.

"No, what's the time?" I asked, completely in the dark on this.

"2:00pm."

And Josh walked off, leaving me to quickly awake Talia as half the day was gone. Talia awoke as flawless and she was when I first saw her. I questioned myself on how that was possible.

I ushered Talia to get up off the Island and help me out with the mess. She groaned and moved a couple cups to the sink. I did the same and Josh stopped us, muttering about how it's his apartment he should do the cleaning. He seemed like a very kindhearted guy, and I could use people like that in my life.

Everyone I had met were either rude or inconsiderate towards me. It had toughened me, but I could do with loosening up.

The morning slump had worn off on Talia and she was already back to her bubbly self. She took my hand and it felt like someone had poured an ice bucket over my head. I sighed as the bubbly girl lead me to what I noticed as a spare room. I was glad to have a room by myself. I gasped and Talia jumped out of her skeleton. "Talia. I haven't slept in a bed since I was five!" I whispered shouted, making my point so only Talia could hear.

"Well your going bloody love it girl! It's wonderful, honestly." She smiled and sat down on the bed, patting the space next to her.

I jumped down to my designated spot, hearing a small poof and a loud squeal from Talia as she flys up from my weight. We both giggled and led our heads back. It was wonderful! It felt as though I was lying on a cloud, and time seemed to stop.

"Well I would have taken you shopping today, but seeing the time, would be better to do tomorrow. Would you wanna come? Not like you have any choice," Talia giggled again, and stands up to open the door.

"I'll leave you to it," She winks and shuts the door behind her.

None of this feels real. It's like I'm in a never ending dream, but way better. I can only describe this as a miracle. A freaking miracle. I tell myself I'm testing the mattress, and close my eyes.

I feel a slap as my mother wakes me up, my father spitting foul words as I make an effort to get dressed without breaking into tears again. I should have been used to it, but how can one become used to something so horrible? I feel one more slap before the door slams shut. I would cry but it was not safe yet. It would never be safe. I hear voices from the other side of my wall. I press my ear to it as my parents wake my brother up. No slaps. No foul words. The whole room was full of laughs and happiness. I slid down the wall and with me came the waterfalls. There was no use. They wouldn't care anyway. Only the slaps would be harder. I listened as my brother's door was slowly shut.

A few minutes past, and I heard small footsteps, too small to be my parents boisterous stomps. I tried my best to stop the tears. My door opened and behind it was my brother. He said nothing and came to sit next to me. I smiled and he pulled me closer. I let my head fall onto his shoulder and more tears came.

I screamed In pain, my heart beating faster than a race car. My tears wouldn't stop falling, and I didn't care anymore. I let them fall and didn't realise how loud I was being. Josh and Talia rushed in, both very concerned.

"Hey, hey, hey. It's okay. You are okay," Josh said sympathetically, coming to my side. No more words were said from either of them, but Josh pulled me closer and I led my head on his shoulder, while Talia squeezed my hand, letting me know she was there.