18

I ask Josh and Freya If they want to film a video with me and Harry to take his mind off of Cassie. He's confused, but I feel like only I can see it. They fortunately agree, and we decide on another gaming challenge. Who ever looses has to do a truth or dare. "Sounds fun to me," Freya says, bouncing onto the sofa.

"Kelli why don't you post something else on your channel, you never know, people might enjoy it," Josh suggests, I agree, I've secretly wanted a chance to film one.

Freya turns the camera on without me knowing. I go right up to the camera lenses and look around it. "Is it on?" I shout a little too loud.

"You don't need to shout," Josh laughs. "And yes it's on."

I blush and awkwardly sit on the sofa. "Well hello there. I'm Kelli, oh wait you know that." I giggle at my stupidity to hide my fright. I don't know why I find it hard now, maybe because everyone knows who I'am now and screwing up is worse. "So today we are here with some special guests, feel lucky, the video would suck without them."

The three of them wave at the camera. "So me and Harry will go first, what game we playing?"

He ponders for a moment. "Seeing as someone cheated in Fifa-" I give him a glare, "Let's 1v1 on Fortnite."

"Game on."

My character is flying down on a parachute, and so is Harry's. When ever I'm against someone in a game, my palms become all sweaty and my heart races. We both land on the grass, our faces so concentrated. I begin to give a subconscious commentary.

"Kelli and Harry have just landed. Kelli has no idea what she is doing as Harry somehow gets and gun. Then he gets some bullets and shoots me."

I shake my head, bringing me back to reality. "HE SHOT ME. NO NO I WILL NOT ALLOW THAT," I screech, Harry laughs slyly, his quick hand movements bouncing up and down and around, tormenting me as I have no idea what the controls are. He smirks at my confusion.

"I DEMAND A REMATCH. ONCE AGAIN HE IS CHEATING. I DO NOT KNOW THE CONTROLS," I howl, everyone shaking their heads in dismay at my anger.

"Calm down love. If you'd known the controls you'd still suck," Harry grinned, knowing exactly how to get to me.

"That's it!" I stand up and flap my arms in front of Harry, really pissing him off.

"You ain't the only one who knows how to piss people off, Lewis," I triumph, and he gives up and pauses the game.

I sit back down grinning as he tells me the controls. Before we know it, the game is back on.

I have a couple grenades that I throw at Harry, but they miss him each time. While he takes a more tactical approach, I go for things that catch my attention.

I pretend to be frozen, while he comes out from hiding to shoot me. But before he is given that chance, I throw a disco grenade that causes him to stop moving and dance around, while a disco ball hangs above him. I can't help but laugh at his character and his face, outsmarted by a dance bomb. I pretend to let him go but scream "NOT!" and shoot him, loosing all his stuff, I cackle at the smell of victory.

"Don't be getting cocky now, Wills. It's only 1-1."

"We'll see about that."

I pick up games really fast, I had come to figure out, and In less than two minutes I had killed Harry four times. His high pitched screeches deafened my ears, and I shout at him to shut up, all the while laughing uncontrollably. He is doing the same, and we begin to just fire aimlessly with our guns. He manages to earn himself a point on luck, but he still tells the camera it's his skills.

I have a sneaky plan. "Hey Harry," I call as I place down the beat maker. "Come listen to my song."

He reluctantly agrees, running over as slow as he can, waiting for an ambush.

I wait for him to stop exactly where I planned he would. I play the tune:

'Dun dada dun dun, da da.'

And on the last da, the ending note, I end the game. Before Harry gets a chance to move, I give him a quick snipe.

"FUCK," he screams, grabbing the nearest pillow and throwing it across the apartment.

Harry is lying on the floor sulking when we all hear a crash, and he immediately jumps up. "It was the wind."

"Oh yeah, and the wind just so happens to knock over a vase. And a pillow just decided to come join." Josh gives Harry a stern look, as if a dog just got told he wasn't allowed anymore food, Harry hung his head low.

"And on that note, it's Josh and Freya's turn!" I say and usher Harry away before he breaks something else.

I go to sit at the kitchen Island, screams and laughs already beginning from the sofa.

Harry pulls up at chair next to me, examining the damage he made. "We could just hide the evidence and hope they forget?" He suggests, and I shake my head and sigh jokingly.

"We have video proof, they won't forget."

He tries to scoop the glass off the table, and I grab his wrist just in time to stop him making a huge mistake. "That's glass remember? Don't want that spiking anyone's foot."

He stares down at my hand and I instantly let go, and I watch as he rubs his wrist. "You've got a good grip, I'll give you that one."

I smile. While the match goes on in the living room, Harry and I begin to talk. I ask him if he was okay earlier when I pretended we had a film session to help him out. He nods and shakes his head at the same time. That's enough for me. I can tell he doesn't want to talk, and I won't ask him to.

Although I accidentally told the whole media my story in a haze of anger and sadness, something I still couldn't do was talk to people face to face about any of my problems. Apart from Hattie, Talia and Freya, no one was ever going to let my guard down again. I was just lucky with them, I could have been in a deja vu situation. Memories of Fiona and how badly she ruined me sprung to the front of my mind. Maybe that was the case with Harry.

One thing that was good about exposing me and telling the world was that no one asked questions about my past anymore, except those nosy people with cameras. But even in the present I was sure to have secrets and feelings I wasn't going to trust anyone with.