17

The morning grogginess tells me my hangover still lingers.

I decide to lay in bed a few more minutes, I deserved it.

After finally deciding to arise from my chambers, I wave a small hello to Josh and Freya, who return smaller responses. Just as I suspected, they were hungover too. I'm grateful I'm not the only one.

I don't suppose anyone would be asking me to film or invite me anywhere, so I chuck on a pair of comfy shorts and a hoodie.

I check my phone, being glued to it since I got it. I see that my video has over 160k views. 'Mad,' I tell myself.

Funny how one person can go from a nobody to a inspiration overnight. (This is giving me major sofia the first vibes)

I decide to try and clear my head a little, grabbing my favourite coat and stepping out into the morning chill. As soon as I hit the streets, something immediately feels off. As if someone is watching me. Following me.

I quickly turn around to hear a flash and a burst of light blurs my vision. Many men and women with huge cameras surround me, asking me questions on my family, my old life, my past. Things I wanted the video to be the last time I spoke of them.

I didn't know what to do, breathing became difficult, as did moving. My legs were like jelly, and I collapsed to the floor, panicking and gasping for air. I covered my hands to my ears and shut my eyes.

"Oh my god, baby come here," I hear from above me. I dare not look, incase more scary people come back with larger equipment.

It's another familiar voice that is accompanied with the girls. "What is it?" I can tell by his tone he's trying to sound interested.

"Kelli!? You okay!?" Harry shouts, shaking me. His tone changed from unbothered to concerned.

I slowly open my eyes to the comforting, familiar boy with messy blonde hair. "Jesus christ, what are you doing down there?"

I stutter and my whole body is shaking. "F-flashing lights. P-people ask-king questions"

He goes to rub my shoulder but decided otherwise, his girlfriend watching like a hawk.

"We better be going, cya, Kelli is it?" Cassie demands, glaring at Harry to move. "Cmon babe, could you grab me something to eat?"

Harry fake smiles at Cassie, her not knowing anything is wrong. It's perfect, he's been practicing lot's.

"Uh, Cassie?" I say and she turns around.

Annoyed and agitated, she says "What?" In such a horrible tone it makes me wish I bruised my knuckles because they connected with her head.

I hold myself together. "Harry and I have to meet Talia and Simon for a short notice film session." I hope Harry gets what I'm trying to do.

"Sorry babe, I'm sure it won't be long," Harry says flawlessly, he must be good at lying.

Cassie pulls him in for a kiss, wrapping herself around like as if he's the gift and she's the paper, covering every inch of Harry's body with her own. He awkwardly puts his hands on her waist, pulling himself away and walking back with me. "I had to. Sorry, she was close to getting it," I apologise again, forgetting Harry is shamelessly dating her.

"It's okay. I know I'm stupid," he says after a minutes silence.

I stop in my tracks and turn to face him. "I may not get it, but your not stupid. Well maybe, I'm no one to talk. I know what it's like to not be able to let go of something that isn't worth holding on to. It takes time."

He says nothing else as we walk to Freya and Josh's apartment. I find myself wondering why I can so easily talk to people, but when It comes to the next stages, I'm a hopeless wreck. The problem is, I can't seem to trust anyone to want to reach the next stages, afraid they'll do what Fiona did. Destroy me.

But Freya and Talia are different, and I don't think there's anyone else out there like them. They slid their ways past my barriers, but I was locking them down for good.

When we reached the apartment I knocked on the door, hoping someone was in. "Can't you just unlock the door."

"No I forgot the key."

I hear Harry tut and the door unlocks. "Hey guys, forget your key?"

I nod and Freya laughs. "Lucky I'm here then." She welcomes me back in and Harry follows in pursuit. Freya pulls me away quickly. "Why is Harry with you?"

"Saved me from some scary people with cameras, thought I'd do the same with his girlfriend."

She gives me an understanding nod and Harry goes over to talk to Josh.

I can never tell what Harry is feeling, only in the moment. Whatever is happening, he does a damn good job hiding it.

As we walk back in silence, I can't help ponder what really goes on inside Harry Lewis's mind.