Chapter 1

(I AM SOOOOOOOOOO SORRY GUYS, I DON'T KNOW WHAT IN THE CRAP HAPPENED EARLIER. BUT I HOPE THE GLICH IS FIXED NOW. IF YOU SEE SOMETHING THAT I SHOULD KNOW ABOUT PLEASE LET ME KNOW.)

(DPOV)

I walked into the gym only to find my Roza huddled in a corner almost completely hidden from view. She was sitting there, in the dark, with her head leaning against the wall. With her knees pulled up against her chest and her arms wrapped around her legs crying. And it was her crying that spurred me into action.

I quickly ran to her side sat down next to her and brought her into my lap laying her head on my chest. "Roza, detka what's wrong?" (baby)

She sobbed out her answer, "today... is... Mason's... eighteenth... birthday."

Oh der'mo. He'd only been gone for a few weeks and his birthday just brought all of those memories and all of that pain right back to the surface for her. (shit)

Out of sight of lyubov' moya I quickly text Alberta and told her that Roza would not be in any of her classes today. I also told her that she might want to check in on Eddie, Christian and Mia reminding her that today was Mason's birthday. (my love)

*FLASHBACK*

Thanks to my apparent cousin Adrian Ivashkov, we had found out that Roza and the others were in Spokane Washington. Adrian said that he had dream walked with Roza and that she had told him what had happened.

According to what we were told Mason, Eddie and Mia had left the ski lodge to go out on a strigoi hunt. They had wanted to get revenge on the strigoi for killing so many of our people, which now includes Mia's mother.

Roza had found out that they were gone, and she had gotten Christian to compel the guardian at the gate to let her out. Only Christian couldn't compel him. So Roza took the only other avenue left open to her and she knocked the guardian out herself.

The poor guy. My Roza could hit harder than most men that I knew of. So I knew that the guy, whoever he was, was going to be in a lot of very serious pain for a while. I just hoped that she hadn't given the poor guy a concussion.

After knocking out the guardian she had tried to send Christian back to the ski lodge, but he'd steadfastly and fiercely refused to go. He told her that Mason, Eddie and Mia were just as much his friends as they were hers. And that he was going to go with her to try and help her save them. After arguing with him about it for about ten minutes they finally set out, in a stolen from the motor pool SUV, to get their friends back.

Roza and Christian had been investigating the tunnels underneath the shopping mall in Spokane. When they heard some strigoi bragging about the two male dhampir and the one female moroi that they had captured there two nights before.

Upon hearing that the two of them, Roza and Christian, decided to let themselves be captured as well. Hoping that they would be taken to the same place as the others. And as it turns out they were indeed taken to the very same place.

Myself, Alberta Petrova, Janine Hathaway and another twenty guardians all loaded into SUV'S and then a jet and headed to Spokane. I noticed that Abe Mazur, Roza's father, who had made his first appearance in her life at the ski lodge. Had fifteen of his guardian's and himself follow us.

Either that or Janine had told him where we were going. Right now, I just didn't really give a chert which one was what happened. All I cared about was getting to my Roza, making sure that she was all right and making for chert sure that she knew just how much I love her. Making sure that she knew that she is my entire world, my everything. (damn, damn)