Chapter 3

"You're welcome detka, and I try my best to be what and who you deserve." (baby)

"You are more and better than I deserve detka." (baby)

"That just isn't possible detka. Come on, we need to go before the others think that we have been turned." (baby)

"Yeah, let's go. Alberta and my mom are probably having a heart attack thinking that we have been killed or turned." She giggled.

"They both love you Roza."

She smiled and sighed happily. "I know. I used to think that my mom didn't love me. I used to think that she didn't care about me whatsoever."

"But now you know that she does in fact love you."

"Yes, I do."

She sounded almost giddy with joy at the knowledge that her mother did actually love her. And I felt just as happy for her, mainly because she deserved all of the good things that this life had to offer her. And also because I love her more than life itself, she means more than anything or anyone else in this whole entire world to me.

As we were walking back to the academy Roza asked me a question that I wasn't expecting. "Mitya, do you have any idea of how many strigoi that you have killed in the last two days?"

"Yes, unfortunately I do. I also know that they will haunt my dreams for a very long time to come."

"Yeah, Isaiah, Elena and Mason are still haunting my dreams way more often than I would like. Which is why I figured that those that I have killed in the last two days will as well."

"Yes, they will detka. And I am sooo sorry that you have to go through all of this lyubov' moya. But please just know that I will always be here for you, no matter what you need, I WILL be right here by your side right where I belong. I know that I have told you this so many times in the past. But I am going to tell you once again, what happened to Mason was NOT your fault my angel." (baby, my love)

"And I am sorry that you have to deal with it as well. I wish that there was something that I could do to help you with this. That there was some way for me to take that pain away from you. You didn't need all of these other kills to live with. And I appreciate that detka, and I will always be here for you as well. I realize that I didn't kill him Comrade, but he went to Spokane because of me. To prove to me that he was just as good as the fully trained guardians, but he wasn't. So I feel as if it is my fault." (baby)

"Oh Roza, you do so much for me already lyubov' moya and I love you so much more than you will ever know milaya moya. I also wish that you didn't have to live with all these kills, I hope so much that their ghosts won't torment you. I am hoping that if you see them that they will be grateful to you and be thankful for what you have done for them. What happened to Mason wasn't your fault detka. What does he tell you when you talk to him?" (my love, my dearest, baby)

"Thank you Mitya, I appreciate all that you do for me too. I know that I didn't show it in the beginning but I do appreciate it. He tells me that it's not my fault and that he wishes that I would stop feeling guilty about something that I had no control over."

"You are very welcome lyubov' moya. I don't want you to worry about our past, because neither of us acted as we should have. We both hurt each other... especially me. And I am sorrier for that than you will ever be able to understand. Exactly, it wasn't your fault, so maybe you should listen to us?" (my love)

"I know that you are, just as I am to you. I can't hold anything that you said or did back then against you though Dimitri. Because I love you far too much for that, I just hope that you can forgive me as I have forgiven you. I know that I should, but it is hard since he did it because of what I said."