Chapter 24

I opened the ring box that held my great great great great great great babushkin engagement ring in it. I watched as tears started rolling down lyubov' moya cheeks. Raising her eyes to mine, she nodded at me. (grandmother's, my loves)

"Yes. Yes, Mitya." She whispered.

"Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!!!!!" She then screamed loud enough for Abe and Ivanna to hear her and probably even some people who were outside somewhere several blocks away.

With my own tears streaming down my face, I slid the ring onto my Roza's finger and then I kissed it. Standing I took her face between my hands and said, "I love you Roza moya, my beautiful and amazing fiancée." (my)

"I love you too Mitya moy, my fiancé." She replied with a smile. (my)

I wiped her tears away just before I kissed her as if my very life depended on it.

A thought suddenly occurred to me. 'I am kissing my fiancée for the very first time ever.' And there are just no words to express just how happy that thought made me.

When we made our way back downstairs Abe was still there. Over my Roza's head I smiled and nodded at him answering his unasked question. Although he already had to know the answer given how loud Roza moya screamed when I asked her. But he was probably just wanting to make sure. Roza moya squealed happily then she jumped into the arms of her father. (my, my)

"Look baba!!" She proudly showed him her ring with a blinding smile. (daddy)

"It's beautiful kizim. I am incredibly happy for the both of you." (my daughter)

"I would also like to offer my congratulations to you both." Ivanna said with a huge smile on her face.

We all talked for a while until Abe said, "Dimitri, kiz bebek I told Ivanna that I would be buying you this house as an engagement present." (baby girl)

Roza opened her mouth to refuse but Abe spoke up first.

"Please kizim, I have missed out on so many birthdays, CHRISTmas's and everything else in your life. Please let me do this for you, for the both of you, as well as for my torun." He begged. (my daughter, grandchildren)

That was new because I had never seen or even heard of Abe Mazur begging anyone for anything. But then this is his little girl.

She turned to me and after thinking about it for a while I agreed with a nodded of my head.

The next afternoon Roza and I went to the site of the train crash. Apparently, there were several people who had not crossed over for one reason or another. It took Roza moya over an hour to get everyone hooked up with someone who could lead them across. (my)

Afterwards she was passed exhausted, so I carried her back to the SUV, and we went back to my mother's house. But by the time that we arrived Roza moya was sound asleep in the car. I lifted her in my arms bridal style and carried her back inside, as my babushka held the front door open, up the stairs and lay her in our bed. (my, grandmother)

"Is she all right Dimka?" My mother asked quietly.

"She's just exhausted. Doing things like that really takes it out of her."

"But she will be all right?"

"Yes, mama. She just needs to rest."

"All right." My mother leaned over and kissed my fiancée on the forehead and then left us in our bedroom.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

Two weeks later Roza the children and I moved into our new home. Which Abe had snuck around and furnished exactly the way that Roza had told him that she wanted it done.