˗ˋ 16

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

-: seventh year :-

── IN WHICH THEY FINALISE

. . .

Charlie didn't have his swimming trunks, but that didn't stop him from joining Kaida in the prefects bathroom - only that he wasn't actually in the water and just sat by the side as his best friend was surrounded by the perfumed water and fluffy bubbles.

A stained glass window that portrayed mermaids shone down on the two, Charlie fanning himself withh his hands and his shirt almost all the way unbuttoned. 

"This is why I told you that it wasn't a good idea to come with me." Kaida had a frown on her face and was shaking her head as she pulled herself over to where Charlie was sat, slumped against a column with his feet drifting by the water and the bottom of his trousers were rolleed up.

"I know it wasn't a good idea." Charlie replied, rolling his eyes as if he wasn't contradicting everything that was coming out of his mouth. "I'm just writing my letter to Bill and I thought you would want to hear it."

"Your writing is going to smudge because of the steam." Kaida informed him, as if he didn't already know. "And I don't really need to hear the letter."

"I know.. I'm working out the Quidditch team and I need your input as well." This was much more exciting for the Phoenix girl, who sat up properly rather quickly. Charlie grinned, tilting the piece of parchment towards her.

"You're working on it now? Well you could've started with that - then I wouldn't have spewed all that shit about ink smudging." Kaida dipped her head underwater for just a moment, using the liquid to slick her hair back against her scalp. "Come on  - let's get started then!"

So with Kai half leaning on the tiles surrounding the pool-like bath sunken into the ground and the other half of her dangling around in the heavily-scented water, Charlie moving to lay flat on his stomach and lay the parchment across the floor, they began to organise the Gryffindor quidditch team for their final year.

"It's easy really, we just have to decide on chasers." Charlie said, Kaida watching as he drew out a basic pitch layout, several stick figures on brooms floating in space. Drying her arm, Kaida reached for the quill and began to label the figures. The one by the goal as Oliver, the one flying high abover the rest as Charlie and the two holding bats and flying in somersaults as Fred and George.

"How did you know?" The Weasley boy asked with a grin. "I suppose the fact they have almost near identical smiles had something to do with you figuring out I would choose them this year."

"No Charles, you're absolutely awful at drawing. I just knew you would choose them." Kaida shrugged. "You're forgetting just how well I know you - and well.. two second year twins and you wanting to prove yourself as captain combined equals to.." The Phoenix girl gestured at the sheet. 

"You're right - Fred and George were obvious choices really... I can challenge myself, prove myself and give them a chance as well." Charlie replied, watching the somewhat similar stick figures loop around on the page. "Talking of second years, how do you feel about Angelina Johnson."

"I think she's an incredible chaser." Kaida told him, drawing another figure and labelling it as Angelina. "But I think we have to choose one of the older students. So far our team consists of three second years, one fourth year and two seventh years. Have to have a little more variety."

"For me, it's between Rosa - the seventh year - yes I know it isn't variety but she's talented.. and Aaron the sixth year. But you choose which one you think fits better." Oliver said. "We tried them both with you and Angelina at some point, and either would be perfect."

"Hm.. Aaron asked Tonks out a couple years ago and can take rejection pretty well. There's also Katie Bell.. third year. She played well with Angelina and me that one time." Kaida mused, the feather of the quill drifting across Charlie's wrist. "But.. you know..."

"Rosa scare the shit out of you as well?" Charlie asked, eyebrows raising and nodding knowingly as Kaida laughed. "She'll be perfect, we can scare the Slytherins with her."

"Not just the Slytherins, everyone." The Phoenix girl drew the final stick figure, writing out 'Gryffindor Quidditch Team' at the top of the parchment and underlining it twice. "And there we go. A quidditch team."

"Shame we'll be leaving at the end of the year.. I have a feeling they'll be a good team. And I think Rosa might end up killing one of the twins at some point." Charlie finished, smiling down at the parchment.

But they would most likely leave before then, they didn't know it just yet.