˗ˋ 03

CHAPTER THREE

-: seventh year :-

── IN WHICH THEY PLAY QUIDDITCH

. . .

The mood lightened after the pair of best friends made their promise, and soon enough they had unpacked Kaida's stuff, and Charlie had dragged her back downstairs, the boy joining him siblings in a makeshift Quidditch match. 

Kaida, however, had been pulled into the kitchen by Mrs Weasley, who sat her down at the table and placed a plate of food underneath her nose, hurrying around to get her a drink. "It's only some leftovers from lunch, dear, but I really need to go for another shop soon, I just about have enough for dinner." The woman said. 

"It's alright, Mrs Weasley, honestly." Kaida said, thanking the woman and picking up a fork. "It looks incredible, as always - even if it's leftovers." 

Molly smiled, placing down a glass of juice on the table by her plate. "Call me Molly, dear. You're always so sweet, Kaida, and it's always a pleasure to have you here." 

Kaida let out an internal sigh. She knew exactly where this conversation was heading. It always happened like this. Mrs Weasley would sit her down, with a meal or a cup of tea or even just whilst she was helping out with chores, and they would talk about her parents. 

"But, I must ask, what happened this time?" Mrs Weasley asked, unknowingly repeating the very question that her second oldest had asked not too long before.

"I made a cup of tea." Kaida began, but before she couuld say anything else, Mrs Weasley was slipping down into the chair besides the girl, a frown on her face. 

"You only made a cup of tea?" Mrs Weasley looked shocked, and Kaida sighed, picking up her fork and stabbing a bit of the sausage on her plate.

"With magic. And not on purpose." She didn't give the woman any more detail than that, and Mrs Weasley was used to it - every time Kaida had ended up staying with them after a fight with her parents, Molly had found that the Phoenix girl wasn't one for making a story out of the arguments. 

"Oh dear." Molly said. "Well, I'll have a look around for that address of yours and I'll write to your parents again. Really, you've been going to Hogwarts for six years and they still can't come to terms with the fact you're a witch." Kaida's eyes widened and she shook her head, but Mrs Weasley tapped her shoulder. "It's no problem dear, you just eat your food." 

And with that, Mrs Weasley bustled out of the room with the intentions of writing Mr and Mrs Phoenix a letter regarding their behaviour towards their daughter. It was strange, for a couple with such a magical name, they always had resented and hated their daughter for having any ounce of magic within her. 

Molly had done this one or two times before, having taken one of Charlie's letters before Errol sent it and noted the address down one time. Kaida would then get told off when she returned home for letting those 'magic freaks' get their address. Of course, Mrs Weasley would never find out about this.

But finally Kaida could eat in peace, and she quickly ate the leftovers, putting her plate in the sink and checking in the reflection of an upside down saucepan to make sure she had nothing around her lips before slipping out, standing on the lawn and looking up towards the various Weasley children and their makeshift game of Quidditch. 

"Oi! Kai, you planning on joining us?" Charlie shouted. She nodded, rushing over to the open broom shed and picking one from the pile of older ones that had amassed over the years.

There was seven of them altogether - Percy was forced into it by Fred and George - which was the normal amount for a single quidditch team. However, with Kaida joining them, the Weasleys flew back down to the ground. 

They would make two teams, and only have one keeper for which both teams could score in. Charlie was chaser for one team, Kaida for another. Ginny was one of the seekers, Percy the other (much to his dismay), Fred and George were the beaters of course, and Ron was assigned as keeper.

The makeshift match turned into a tournament, and that night, Mrs Weasley organised a picnic-like dinner outside, before the tournment continued.

And soon enough, the sun was setting on Kaida's first night at the Weasleys. And she had been happier in those few hours than she had been since the beginning of summer.