˗ˋ 25

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

-: seventh year :-

── IN WHICH TACTICS
PREVAIL

. . .

Kaida got her wish.

The match seemed to be going on and on, no end in sight with various thin brushes with the snitch. But alas, neither Charlie nor the Slytherin Seeker, Terence Higgs could manage to actually catch it, hands enclosing around thin air as the golden ball shot off in another direction. 

Meanwhile, the two groups of three Chasers were racking up points. Kaida, Angelina and Rosa were practically a dream team, working together and easily traversing across the pitch, throwing the quaffle as though it was lighter than the clouds that settled in the skies above them. 

Fred and George were quite possibly the best choices for Beaters. They were rowdy troublemakers, and not only Charlie but also Kaida had lived alongside them, and knew them to have quite the fighting spirit and be literal balls of energy. They had harboured a life-long distaste for the Slytherin Quidditch team; Arthur had told tales from matches he watched, and when Bill had written from Hogwarts it was of tales about the first match he watched. Of course, Charlie was a little more invested in the game and perhaps exaggerated the violence he witnessed, but it was soon backed-up with another Quidditch-crazy friend (of course, that being Kaida), and it was proved when the twins arrived the year prior and watched their first match. 

This distaste for the Slytherins the vile tactics they put into play during a game only challenged their effort and soon enough, it appeared that Fred and George were quite prepared to use their bats to slice their heads off right there on the pitch. Of course, as opposers to the dirty tactics used, neither of them actually employed this tactic and instead focused on putting their aggression into launching the two bludgers at each of the players in green.

Oliver was playing superbly, blocking almost every quaffle that was sent his way from the hands  of a Slytherin, and it was perhaps the lack in goals which forced the match to become even dirtier and be dragged out for far longer. 

It was painful for those in the stands to watch Flint somehow order out an attack on one of Gryffindor's three chasers, but there was one person who was enjoying it all. Well no, two. Would be three, if Charlie could actually participate to their success in the match and find the bloody snitch.

However the two who were having the time of their lives were enjoying the match immensely. One being Lee Jordan, who was thriving in his newfound position of commentator, bright comments joining those of pitying the next chaser to fall from their broom. The second being Kaida Phoenix, who didn't seem to mind the rough and tumble as long as she was having a good time.

And on the contrary, she was. 

"Angelina! Over here!" She shouted, watching as the Slytherin beater took aim for the younger girl once again. Kaida's hands wrapped around the leather just in time for Angelina to duck, and Kaida shot up, hardly noticing that she wasn't holding onto the broom at all until Lee commented on it, and she noticed that both Flint and one of his lackies were approaching at a speed it would be hard to swerve out of.

So instead, much to Lee's delight, the sole hand that returned to her broom jerked it upwards and Kaida found herself soaring up towards the heavens, turning and swerving so that she could lead the Slytherins on a proper goose chase.