Chapter 30

Jian Rong knew that Lu Boyuan smoked. Before, when he was 'eavesdropping' on the balcony, Lu Boyuan had come back inside carrying an ashtray.

With a cigarette in his mouth, Lu Boyuan lost the gentle aura that he usually gave off, and it felt like he merged entirely into Shanghai's wintry night.

When Jian Rong walked over, he heard XIU ask, "You called him here?"

Lu Boyuan gave a mild "en" and deposited the cigarette onto a napkin on the table. He pulled out the chair next to him and gestured for Jian Rong to sit down.

Jian Rong didn't ask any questions. He tugged once at his jacket and sat.

"Tch, isn't that just a waste?" XIU looked regretfully at that unlit cigarette.

Lu Boyuan said, "I said I wasn't going to smoke, but you insisted on giving it to me."

"What's the fun in smoking by myself." XIU glanced at Jian Rong and tossed his cigarette pack over to him. "Soft, you..."

Jian Rong tossed the cigarette pack back. "I don't smoke."

XIU: "..."

XIU had never watched Jian Rong's streams, but he had heard of this person before.

Only those same old phrases: arrogant, egotistical, foul-mouthed, condescending. Rumor had it that there weren't many professional players who could escape being ridiculed by him.

But XIU had never paid much attention to the antis' opinions. He believed that everyone who entered the world of the internet had to lower their own bottom line, including himself. When he was young and played different games, he had also insulted people behind their back, so he didn't really have any conflicts or disgust towards Soft.

However, with an outsider present, it naturally wasn't as easy to chat casually anymore. XIU chuckled. "Why did you call him out here? You should explain yourself quickly."

Before Lu Boyuan could say anything, a girl suddenly walked over to their table. She was carrying a bag and, after spotting the number printed on the table, she hesitantly asked, "Hello, may I ask if you were the ones who called the delivery service?"

Lu Boyuan said, "Yes, thank you."

After the girl left, Lu Boyuan placed the bag in front of Jian Rong.

Jian Rong asked, stunned, "What is it?"

"Dinner." Lu Boyuan said, "Aren't you hungry?"

...how did he know?

Jian Rong opened the bag. Inside was a steaming bowl of crab roe noodles, and it looked like there was more crab roe than there were noodles.

Jian Rong was starving the entire night, and his stomach couldn't help but rumble the moment he saw food.

XIU's face was filled with question marks. "Hey, no way, aren't we at a barbeque restaurant? You won't eat the skewers, but you'll call for delivery and make them buy crab roe noodles for you??"

Lu Boyuan didn't say anything. He only shot a look at the barbeque stand owner standing not too far away. The man had just picked up a handful of sesame seeds and sprinkled it over the food without even wearing gloves.

Damn. No wonder you haven't touched any of the food up until now.

XIU said, "Then couldn't you have delivered it straight to the base? You had to order it and eat it right in front of me??"

Jian Rong, having had the same misgivings, pricked up his ears.

Lu Boyuan actually had considered that.