Chapter 102

After getting used to plush gaming chairs, it was impossible to get comfortable on the hard, narrow hospital bench.

The mask was too stuffy, so Lu Boyuan slowly opened his eyes and tugged down the edge of the mask lightly. He stared up at the ceiling as he took in a few breaths of fresh air.

Abruptly, he sensed that there was someone watching him. Maintaining that same position, he tilted his head over.

The teenager had thrown on a random coat, and its collar was crooked since he was in too much of a rush putting it on. Two tufts of blue hair were also sticking straight up into the air from being crushed too thoroughly in his sleep. Even though his face had already fallen, he was still tightly holding onto the jacket in his arms as he stood there, looking silently at Lu Boyuan.

Lu Boyuan let out a curse in his mind before he straightened his head up. He was about to stand up when Jian Rong walked towards him first.

After only getting three hours of sleep, Jian Rong had been in a complete daze upon waking up, and he had felt like he was floating when he picked up the clothes hanger and opened his door. The assistant coach had prattled away incessantly on the drive over, trying to persuade him to go back and sleep, which ended up making his head ache.

It was only at this moment, when Jian Rong saw the bandages wrapped around Lu Boyuan’s wrist, that he finally, truly woke up.

“Put on the jacket.” His voice was raspy, and he also spoke very stiffly.

Lu Boyuan took the jacket and lifted his hand to put it on.

“Hang on.” Jian Rong frowned and asked, “Are you allowed to raise your right hand?”

Lu Boyuan said, “I am.”

Jian Rong watched him slip on the jacket, his gaze unconsciously glued to Lu Boyuan’s right hand. “Does it hurt?”

Lu Boyuan said softly, “There’s anesthesia, so it doesn’t.”

Jian Rong clenched his teeth, distressed, and didn’t say anything.

He could faintly guess that Lu Boyuan had a hand injury, and he had also searched online about it before, but he wasn’t able to find out what kind of injury it was. In order to get clicks, those marketing account articles were full of words like “suspected to be” and “guess,” and he didn’t believe any of them.

He consoled himself that as long as Lu Boyuan hadn’t retired, it meant that it wasn’t a very serious injury.

Lu Boyuan lifted his left hand and kneaded Jian Rong’s fingers. “Did you eat breakfast?”

Expressionless, Jian Rong allowed Lu Boyuan to hold his hand. “No.”

Lu Boyuan asked lazily, “I’ll take you to eat something?”

Jian Rong glanced at the empty bread packaging lying on the chair next to him and said, “No, I’m not hungry.”

Lu Boyuan gave an “en.” “Sit down and talk? It’s a bit tiring to look up like this.”

After Jian Rong sat down, he pulled out his phone and opened up the LoL assistant app.

Lu Boyuan slanted a look at him. “What are you checking?”