Chapter 37

They had three practice matches that night with Fighting Tiger; TTC won two games and lost one.

If one had to pick the top three teams recently in the LPL, the majority of people would answer with TTC, PUD, and Fighting Tiger.

Each of these three teams also had their own style.

In TTC, the jungler drove the entire show, but the top and bot lanes could also step up and control the match. Now, with the addition of a new mid laner, the existence of a weak lane disappeared even more. The only disadvantage was that the new mid laner didn't have enough compatibility or coordination with the other members yet.

PUD was a standard Korean import team. A while ago, the import rule had been removed, and the restriction that "every team could only have two Korean import players" no longer existed1. After that, they immediately welcomed their new Korean import mid laner, Savior, bringing the number of Korean import players in their team to a total of three. Even the team's head coach was a Korean coach.

Fighting Tiger was nicknamed "the nursing home" by esports fans. The members' ages averaged to 24 years old, and they hadn't switched out their starters for the past four years. Even though their APMs and reaction times had slowly worsened with age, their coordination across lanes was unparalleled.

"Fighting Tiger's strategy is so flexible ah. In those three practice matches, they used a fast-push tactic, a mid-jungler cooperation tactic, and a jungler-support roaming tactic." Yuan Qian gave a deeply moved sigh. "And they coordinated so well for all of them... who the hell knows what other strategies they have hidden up their sleeve."

Lu Boyuan took off his headphones. "You'll find out at the competition arena."

Xiao Bai lounged back in his chair and asked, "What week are we playing Fighting Tiger?"

Jian Rong opened the match history for the round they lost. "The first week after Lunar New Year."

The practice room quieted for a few seconds after he said that.

Sensing Xiao Bai's astonished gaze, Jian Rong turned his head and frowned. "Am I wrong?"

"...no." Xiao Bai blinked. "So you're actually also the type to memorize the competition schedule ah."

Jian Rong was puzzled. "There's only fifteen other teams. You can remember it after looking at it once, do you need to memorize it?"

Xiao Bai: "..."

Was this just the retention ability of a seventeen year old teen??

As they were chatting, a line of text suddenly popped up in the custom lobby.

[Fighting Tiger Da Niu2: Anyone there? Is God Lu here, let's chat.]

[TTC ་ Road: Chat about what.]

Da Niu was 27 years old, the oldest among all of the LPL's active professional players and also the one with the most experience. Most people would greet him with a 'Niu-ge' when they saw him, including Lu Boyuan.

[Fighting Tiger Da Niu: I've been wanting to see your Lee Sin.]

[TTC ་ Road: En, don't ban him next time.]

[Fighting Tiger Da Niu: Hahaha, that won't do, I'll be beaten to death by the coach.]

[Fighting Tiger Da Niu: Xiao Bai, your hometown is Shenzhen, right? Let's go back together for Lunar New Year?]

[TTC ་ Bye: Sure Niu-ge, when the time comes I'll reach out to you.]

[Fighting Tiger Da Niu: Okay. Soft, where are you from?]