- 13: Go away -

*Hands over an Oreo*
I hope you enjoy reading :)

*Hands over an Oreo*I hope you enjoy reading :)

*Three years ago*

It was a joyous night, as people celebrated with their family and friends. People made amends with other people, situations, and their life, in the spirit of Christmas.

People confessed to their loved ones in hopes of celebrating the holiday with no regrets, as the air grew thicker with love and happiness.

Amidst all of this, was a boy who slowly walked in the snow with his hands in his pocket, head ducked and shoulders sagged.

He had taken the long route home despite the fact that the cold air shook him to the core.

With the last ounce of determination, he halted in his step, before fishing a phone out of his pocket and dialled the same number he'd called a dozen times already but this time it didn't go to voicemail.

His head raised in hope when he heard the line connect and he sniffled before opening his mouth to speak, amidst the tears that welled up in his eyes.

"Hello? Ryder?" A voice said from the other end making Ryder close his mouth and hang up immediately.

He'd been dialing that same number for the past two hours in hopes of being answered but now that he finally was, he hung up.

Why?

Because it wasn't the smooth voice he expected it to be on the line. It was a voice that he wanted to hear the least.

Connor.

His last ounce of hope had diminished and vanished as his hands clenched around his phone so tight that his knuckles turned white.

Rage. He felt rage as he turned his phone off, shoving it back in his pocket. He couldn't help but feel like she did this on purpose as his anger grew.

He had taken a seat on a bench, on the sidewalk near his house as he drowned in self pity.