- 34: Unbelievable -

*Hands over an Oreo*

Hey guys! Hope you're all having a wonderful day.
So, I've made slight changes in the story like, I've changed the name of the city that Emily came back to from New York City to Wellspring city (it's fictional).

Also please lemme know if you would like a playlist with songs that I think suit the story. I love sharing songs :)

Hope you enjoy reading!

Emily's P.O.V.

"What do you mean there's no dirt on him?" Lex exclaimed. "That's not possible. He's a gang leader, Ron knows that right?"

I rolled my eyes at her. "Of course he does. Everyone does. Which is why no one wants to get on his bad side."

"So you're telling me there's a side of him that isn't bad?" Lex deadpanned.

"Not for me, there isn't. It's either, be a part of his gang or die." I shrugged, looking down at my phone. "Take a right."

"You say it like it's a normal thing." She groaned making a turn. "How long till we reach there?"

"Ten minutes." I responded. "It is normal, really. We haven't had to deal with the gang shit before but as far as I know about them, this King guy is being pretty patient with us."

"So, that's a good thing?" She asked, stopping at a red light.

"I don't know that. All I know is, he's definitely gonna lose patience and strike soon." I sighed, looking out of the window. "We need to be a lot more careful than usual."

"Tell me, how is going to the carnival, 'being careful'?" She sassed, making me roll my eyes.

"You have anything better to do?" I asked.

She sighed and shook her head.

"Yeah, well me neither, so we might as well just enjoy the day. Anyhow, a dumb gangleader can't tell me when I can have fun and when I can't." I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

"But you told me that he has eyes on you." She frowned.

I sighed, as memories of, when he was talking about Ryder, flashed through my mind. "He does."

"And don't you think it'll be unsafe for the others to be seen with us?" She asked, making another turn.

"Which is why I suggested that we go to the carnival. He can't attack in public." I said, cracking my knuckles. "And once I lure him out successfully, I'll do what I do best."

"Get on people's nerve?" She scoffed.

"Exactly." I smiled. And just then I got a text.

"You're unbelievable." Lex groaned. "Just don't do anything stupid, for god's sake."