- 24: Should I be scared? -

*Hands over an Oreo*

Ryder's P.O.V.

*Three years ago*

"She's not here." Dylan huffs once he reached us.

"Yeah she's not in school. We've looked everywhere." Cole said, breathing heavily from running around the school.

I knew that already. I knew that she wasn't here, because I've looked and asked around about her all day.

It was our first day of school after the holidays and it's been about two weeks since I last saw Miles.

This is the first time that we haven't talked for so long.

We do fight a lot but we go back to normal in no time but this time was different, and I couldn't subside the panic I felt in my whole body.

"This isn't like her." Mia said nibbling her nails. "She has never been MIA like this before."

The panic in my body was unsettling as I hated myself a little more every passing second.

"She hasn't responded to anyone?" Cole frowned, obviously worried. "Not even you?" He added, pointing at me.

I sighed shaking my head.

I leaned my head on the locker behind me, fidgeting with my fingers and my anxiety grew.

"Nothing." Perri said exasperated, once she reached us, throwing her hands up in the air. "Absolutely nothing about Emily. It's almost like she never existed."

"So, the school wasn't informed about anything?" Mia asked her.

"Of course they were. When I say they're pretending like she never existed, I mean it." Perri said shaking her head, looking at us cautiously.

We frowned at that.

"What do you mean?" I asked, pushing myself off the locker.

"She's not a student here, anymore. She has left the school." Perri said, a troubled look on her face. "The people in the office are pretending to not know anyone by her name and trying to avoid conversation about her."

I couldn't look at what everyone's reaction was but I'm pretty sure it was similar to mine as I stood there with my eyes wide and my heart in my throat.

"How's that fucking possible?!" Dylan exclaimed, frantically. "I think we very much deserve to know the reason for our friend's disappearance. I'll go talk to them."

Cole pulled him back before he could storm in the school office. "Don't be stupid Dy. If they want to keep any kind of information from us, creating a scene won't be of much help."