- 25: I won't touch you -

*Hands over two Oreos*

Hehe

Emily's P

Emily's P.O.V.

It felt weird, to have revealed so much of ourselves in such a short conversation.

I wasn't used to it but I guess I could try.

"Ha! I win again!" Ryder cheered, raising his hand which was in a fist, in victory, while I rolled my eyes. "Ten push ups for you!"

Once I was done with the punching bag, Ryder came up with this amazing idea to play a game, which would make this conversation more interesting.

So, it was basically rock, paper and scissors but whoever loses has to do a dare and if someone loses twice in a row, they have to answer a question.

It normally should be the other way round, but I guess answering questions is a lot scarier than doing dares, for us.

We've made each other do different exercises since we're at a gym and no one has lost twice in a row yet, so the moment is not tense yet.

I stuck my tongue out at him, making him laugh.

I stared at my hand which was made into a scissor before moving to take my position to do push ups.

"Come on, don't be a sour sport." He said, watching me do perfect push ups.

"Whatever." I grumbled before taking my place on the mat, in front of Ryder.

"Rock, paper, scissor!" We yelled, no different from the other 14 year olds.

"Yes!" Ryder cheered, fist pumping the air while I groaned.

"You're cheating." I whined, getting up to grab my sipper from the bench.

"How am I cheating?" Ryder said, exasperated. "This is rock, paper, scissors. I can literally not cheat."

I turned to him with my sipper in hand and eyes narrowed. "I don't know how you're doing it, but you definitely are."

He scoffed. "Are you done whining?" He crossed his arms over his chest.

"No." I mumbled, rolling my eyes. "Fine. Shoot, what's the question."

His face slowly lost the amusement as a nervous look took over his face.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked, handing him another sipper.

He chuckled slowly, grabbing the sipper. "Yeah, it's just that I've had so many questions buried so deep in my brain that I don't know which one to start with."

I couldn't help the guilt that slowly crept in my chest as I looked at the troubled boy who is still oblivious to everything that happened that turned our lives upside down.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled, looking down at the bottle, taking a seat next to him again.

"What are you apologizing for?" He chuckled.