- 28: What's done is done -

*Hands over a pack of Oreos and a tissue*

Emily's P.O.V.

Beep

Beep

Beep

The first thing I heard when I woke up was the continuous beeping of my alarm.

I extended my arm to the side to shut it down, but my hand was met with air and nothing solid.

I frowned before peaking with one eye, only to be met with a white ceiling.

White ceiling?

I don't have a white ceiling.

I don't have any white walls in my room in fact.

Where am I?

"A hospital."

My head snapped in the direction that the voice came from, startling me. My wide eyes were met with Ryder's, sitting on a chair next to the bed I laid on.

"You're in a hospital." He repeated, with a foreign expression on his face.

I looked around and sure enough, I was in a hospital room and the beeping sound came from the heart rate monitor on my left.

I frowned, turning to him. "What am-" I stopped myself from asking the very obvious question as the memories from, before I fell unconscious, flooded in.

My eyes widened as I looked at Ryder.

"So, you remember." He stated, with a sigh of relief.

"Yeah." I mumbled, looking down at my right hand which, I had just noticed, was enveloped by his hands.

With all the chaos, the realisation of what I had said to him flooded in, making me shut my eyes as I internally winced.

I knew I had to tell them the truth someday, but it happened in the least expected and the most chaotic way possible.

I raised my head to look at Ryder only to see him already staring at me.

Our gaze met and for that moment I felt like we were having a really deep conversation with no words exchanged, physically. Our eyes spoke.

Our eyes revealed how vulnerable we actually felt and brought out our raw emotions.

His eyes showed pain and my heart clenched at that.

He didn't deserve to be blamed for something he wasn't responsible for and the way I yelled the truth in his face, it sounded like an accusation in every way.

"Ryder I-"

He suddenly got up from the chair in panic, cutting me off. "Doctor. I need to get a doctor." He rushed out of the room, making me blink in surprise.