- 49: My laughably broken heart -

*Hands over a cookie and some tissues*

I've said this already but I'll say it again. Thank you to all those who decided to tap on this story to give it a chance.

I hope I can manage to make you feel a tad bit better with this story.

Also, I'd recommend you to hear the song above, while you read this one.

Enjoy!

Emily's P

Emily's P.O.V.

"Miles!"

I stopped in my track before turning to see Ryder jogging towards me.

He stopped a good 4 feet away from me and suddenly the air around us grew thicker.

My breath almost hitched as this is the closest I've been to him since the day of our argument, except for when he stopped me from falling earlier.

I gulped and gathered every ounce of courage in me to face him with a blank look.

"Hey, is- uh is everything okay?" He asked, looking genuinely concerned but awkward at the same time.

My lips parted on their own but I stopped myself as I reminded myself to be careful. I took in a breath before speaking. "Yeah. Everything's fine."

I could see hurt flash through his eyes as he saw my hesitation.

It physically hurt me to put on a facade before him. Out of all the people, he probably never expected to be the person who would make me hide my pain and pretend to be okay.

It was supposed to be real.

Everything was, in fact, not okay. I knew it. He knew it. But our hands were tied because we had our armours on.

He nodded.

"Where are you going?" He asked, which I actually found pretty funny because he out of all the people, wouldn't want to know.

"Training." I suddenly said, looking away from him. "I've got training."

I saw him nod from the corner of my eye, before he sighed and took a step closer to me. "I didn't bring her with me because I wanted to."

I raised my eyebrows in surprise. "What?"

"Ashley." He said. "I didn't bring her on my own. Her mom asked me to bring her with me."

My lips parted in surprise but not because of the fact that he didn't bring Ashley on his own but due to the fact that he was bringing it up now.

I shook my head with a frown. "You don't need to explain things to me."

My eyes wavered and I knew that he saw the deep sea of sadness and hurt in them.

"I do. I need to clear things up instead of doing childish things like what I just did." He said, referring to how he led Alec to Ryan and I just to cause a scene.