- 27: Don't say it -

*Hands over a pack of Oreos*

Yeah well, you'll need it.

Emily's P.O.V.

"No she didn't." Lexi gasped, looking at me wide eyed.

"Oh yes she did." Perri grinned, while Mia nodded in agreement.

"You used to sing?" Lex asked, in disbelief as she sat up straight from being sprawled on the couch attached to my bed. "And you didn't tell me?!"

I rolled my eyes, popping another cheeto in my mouth. "It's no big deal, everyone tries to sing when they're kids."

"Oh puh-lease." Perri scoffed, waving her hand dismissively. "She didn't just try singing. She was amazing at it."

"I agree." Mia nodded. "I'm surprised that you stopped."

"I wasn't that good." I shook my head at Lex. "I just did it for fun."

"You know what? I'm gonna stop believing everything you say from now on." Lex grumbled.

"Hey!" I complained. "Alright, I didn't think it was that big of a deal. And I stopped singing after I moved anyway, what's the point?"

Mia shook her head. "You're both so stubborn."

"Both?" Lex asked, confused.

"Yeah, her and Ryder." Mia smiled in sympathetically. "They used to sing together."

Lex gasped before climbing on the bed and crawling closer to the rest of us. "That's so fucking cute."

I rolled my eyes, focusing on my Cheetos.

"I know right." Perri squealed. "Actually it was Ryder who once decided to learn how to play guitar and he asked Em to help him practice by singing along and then they just started harmonizing, out of nowhere, in the most beautiful way possible."

"Yeah and after that they sang together almost everyday." Mia added, grinning. "We used to sit around and listen to them sing for hours."

"Why didn't I get to experience this?!" Lex fake cried, making me shake my head.

"You could." Perri said slowly, glancing at me from the corner of her eye. "I mean, aren't they here now, together?"

"Acting sly doesn't look good on you, honey." I said without even glancing at her.

Mia laughed. "Oh come on Em. Think about it? We could plan something, like the old days."

"Yeah. Like a picnic, or a bonfire." Perri said wide-eyed.

Mia nodded, and suddenly her eyes widened in excitement. "Ooh and your birthday is coming up, isn't Ethan going to visit? We could plan something together."