- 54: Broken phoenixes -

*Hands over an Oreo and a white rose*

Here it is!!

*Two weeks later*

Emily's P.O.V.

I place my phone down on my bed, with a sigh after an hour of convincing Dylan that he's going to be fine and that he won't actually crap his pants.

It was half past eight at night, and almost time for his date with Mia.

Yes, that happened. Mia decided to finally take the chance and ask Dylan out and that's probably the first time in my life that I've seen Dylan, speechless.

He was so flustered that we had to shake him back to his senses.

They are literally the cutest couple ever. I've seen them sneaking kisses here and there, in the school hallway and I couldn't help but gush over it.

I let out another groan of frustration, as I plopped on my study table.

I frowned at the textbooks in front of me, mentally asking them to fuck off.

I was extra grumpy today.

Yeah, a lot more than usual, because:

One, mother nature decided to come visit me today and the cramps pain is a real bitch.

Two, we have exams coming up and due to the whole on and off with Ryder and the gang fiesta, I had no time to prepare for it beforehand. So, here I am studying my ass off because I, at least need to pass.

Now, you must be wondering, why don't I just ask Ryder for help, who so generously offered to tutor me?

Well, that brings me to point three.

Ryder has been getting on my nerve and I'm very very close to punching him in the face.

He still hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend and it's been more than a week since he got discharged from the hospital.

Now, that Mia and Dylan have also officially been on a date, that only leaves Ryder and I in the whole group who are single.

I've stayed true to my word by keeping him at an arms length till he asks me to be his girlfriend but it's Ryder we're talking about.

Everytime he invades my personal bubble, my body reacts on its own and refuses any signals from my brain. It takes me a moment to actually come back to reality and push him away.

He's an ass.

'A hot ass.'

Oh shut up.

"'Anything for you' my ass." I grumbled, picking up my pen and bringing my attention back to maths.

"It's not like I'm asking for the stars or something." I grumbled a little more. "Him and his empty promises." And a little more.

I was in the middle of scribbling over a stick figure that I named 'Ryder', when I heard a tapping sound.

I frowned before getting up and walking towards my door, only to see an empty hallway.

I shut the door and heard the tapping continue.

In sudden realisation, I turned towards the window.

I grabbed the first thing that I could reach and that happened to be my maths textbook.

Yeah, that'll work.

I tiptoed towards the window and slowly pulled it open, only for a bunch of pebbles to fall from the little ledge.

My eyes then shifted to the only person, standing down there with a goofy smile on his face and several pebbles in his hand.