- 14: You're scared -

*Hands over an Oreo*

Hope you enjoy reading :)

Emily's P.O.V.

I couldn't help but gape at the familiar room, where I used to once spend hours, as a smile found it's way to my lips.

Whenever, anyone of us had something on our mind and just wanted to spend some time secluded from the crowd, we would come here. It didn't help solve the problem obviously, but it provided some sort of comfort.

I walked further in, to find the old desks and chairs pushed to the sides, making a lot of open space in the centre.

"I see you've found our humble abode." Ryder's voice echoed from behind as I looked around.

"And I see you've redecorated." I said gliding my hand over one of the beanbags, without turning to look at him.

"Yeah, we spent a lot of time here and those wooden chairs are anything but comfortable." He said moving forward, dropping his bag and throwing himself on a beanbag, letting out a sigh.

I turned to look at him, frowning. "Don't you have some douche sport practice to be at?"

"Football, Miles. Football." He sighed.

I waved my hand dismissively. "Same thing."

"And yes, I do have practice, I just decided to ditch." He said Sprawling on the beanbag further, crossing his arms behind his head, leaning back.

I perched on a beanbag myself before sighing. "You don't have to do that, you know? I'll be fine on my own." I said, ignoring the fluttering in my stomach.

"Who said I'm here for you?" He turned his head to look at me, side-eyed. "I know you want to think otherwise Miles but I need time to relax too."

And the fluttering in my stomach died with that as I looked at him with the most unimpressed look I could muster up.

'You really thought he'd be considerate towards you after the stunt you pulled just this morning?'

I rolled my eyes.

"Well, in that case, I wouldn't want to be a hindrance." I said, moving to get up, when his hand latched around my wrist pulling me back down on the beanbag.

He groaned, moving to shift his beanbag closer to mine. "I'm just playing. You know I'm here for you."

I narrowed my eyes at him before sighing and leaning back, now facing him. "So how did you uh... and I mean it in the most respectful way possible... become one of... them?" I shrugged, unsure of how to put my question into words.

"You mean one of the jerks who play football?" He said raising eyebrows in question with an amused smile.

"I mean... Yeah?" It was more of a question than a statement.