- 23: He would pull -

*Hands over an Oreo*

Emily's P.O.V.

"Okay you're scaring me now." I said eyeing Ryder, who was sitting on my bed, staring at nothing, cautiously.

He's been like that for the last half an hour, while I, in the meantime, took a shower and changed into clean clothes.

I was now standing, by my desk, with no clue about where this conversation is going to be heading and what am I going to say.

My mind was empty since the moment I saw the three dorks outside the underground arena.

"Come on Ryder, it was just a slight disagreement, it's no big deal." I pushed the words out and cringe when I heard them myself.

Ryder's blank stare met mine and I lowered my gaze, sighing.

*****

*One hour ago*

"Seriously? This, again?" I said, coming out of the shock of seeing the guys here outside the arena.

Everyone stiffened visibly as I dropped my gym bag on the broken sidewalk and crossed my arms over my chest.

Ryder's eyes met mine and I saw several emotions flash through his eyes, but they left before I could put a finger on any of them as if he himself was confused about what he should be feeling or thinking right now.

We were intently looking at each other when we sensed movement from the side and Ryder's eyes widened in panic as my face remained void of any emotions.

Brody turned to me, still holding a gun in his shaky hand, now aiming right at me.

Ryder jerked forward but several hands stopped him where he is, along with my warning filled glance.

God, why does everything have to go wrong with my life?

'Well-'

I don't wanna hear it, actually.

It was bad enough that he witnessed me almost bleed out in our school gymnasium but now this.

I can't even begin to imagine how he must be feeling right now, and how confused he must be.

And now it's not just him, Dylan and Cole too. Those two look like they could piss their pants, any moment, looking equally troubled with being held at gunpoint.

"You've ruined my life, you little bitch!" The menacing scream pulled me out of my thoughts and look at an insane looking Brody.

My gaze hardened as I met his gaze, making him flinch slightly.

Now that I see more clearly, his face was beaten up, he had fresh wounds and a dislocated jaw.

I assure that I have personally taken care of it and that you won't have to face such problems in the future.