- 30: It's now or never -

*Hands over an Oreo*

Enjoy this beautiful song with the chapter :)

Ryder's P.O.V.

Today is probably the best day of my life, and I'm definitely not exaggerating.

I finally saw a genuine emotion for me, except that of friendship, in Em's eyes and I can't help but feel ecstatic about it.

A yawn escaped my lips as I felt a hand smack the back of my head.

"At least try to look alive, man." Cole whispered, making me supress a groan.

"Why do you look so tired, Ryder?" Ashley said from the single couch across from the one I was sitting on.

"Yeah, why do you look so tired Ryder?" Miles said from beside me, mocking Ashley's concerned tone.

A smile threatened to grow on my lips as my gaze dropped to her pout, making her drop it quickly and look away.

Yeah, so when we came back to the living room, Miles announced that she's in no mood for board games anymore, making everyone except Ashley agree, quickly.

She rolled her eyes and threw herself on the three seater couch, as an amazing idea popped in my head when I saw Ashley making space for me beside her, on the single couch.

I moved to the three seater without glancing at Ashley and picked Miles up making her sit on the other side of the couch and keeping her feet on my lap.

She gaped at me in disbelief but when she tried to move away, I held onto her legs, looking at her in challenge.

"What are you doing?" She whisper yelled, for God knows what reason, since everyone's attention was already on us.

"Why? Does this bother you, too?" I said, tilting my head to the side as I saw red creeping up her neck.

"No..." She scoffed, turning her attention back to her phone.

Dylan threw in the idea of ordering pizza and everyone obviously agreed.

Now here we are sitting around, waiting for the pizza while I failed to keep my tired self at bay.

"I've been... busy with some stuff lately." I replied, looking at Miles pointedly.

Miles furrowed her eyebrows and opened her mouth to speak when Ashley's voice cut her off again.

"Aww what kind of stuff?" She said, leaning forward on her couch.

I saw Miles clench her jaw from the corner of my eyes.

"Well, the game is in a week, and I'm also... " I trailed off, glancing at Miles, making her raise her eyebrows at me. "...kind of, working on a secret project." I said, throwing a subtle wink in her direction.