Chapter 1: Behind Her Mask

I'mma change the time line of the whole series. Kiyotaka enrolled at Hyakkaou at the same time as Yumeko. Kiyotaka advanced one year, which makes him in second-year high school.

Kiyotaka POV:

Due to my sudden transfer here at Hyakkaou Private Academy, my uniform aren't yet to be ready. Meaning, I'm going to attend school today with my old clothes on.

I don't really care about my appearance, but I want to learn this school's policy, rules and all. Though at the very least, I kinda got the gist of how the school and gambling works.

The school is managed by the whole student council, which makes them the people with most authority here at the school. The council consists of 10 members, who plays their own role in the school.

And the one leading them, is of course, the student council president; Kirari Momobami.

Gambling at Hyakkaou Private Academy is governed by the student council. It is known that the student council members use their powerful influence to collect money from students of Hyakkaou Private Academy. Payment of it is called a "donation", where it is optional but is practically obligatory.

Hyakkaou Private Academy has a ranking system which can be given to students that have failed to donate to the school. Those under 100 of the 3,000 students or who have accrued a massive debt that they cannot pay are recognized as a "housepet".

If a student is a male, they will be called "dog" (pochi), if the student is a female, they will be called "cat" (mike). The hierarchy in Hyakkaou Private Academy is absolute where no student can go against it, and if they do, they will await the student council's reprisal. If the student wants to rid themselves of their "pet" status, they have to donate but it will be impossible if the student has either a massive debt to pay off or no money to pay their way out of their status. The hierarchy is described as a perfect dead end which is known by the students as something that is extremely hard to escape.

The classes, on the other hand, also consist of 10 different classes at the same school year. And looks like my class is Hana second-year.

Since long time ago, Hyakkaou has had so-called 'tradition' of gambling. There's a casino set up in school after lessons. And to add to it, as the school is prestigious, there's a lot of rich ones, so the bet amount is not a joke.

In terms of gambling, instead of using real moneys, there are chips provided by the school for students to use. The rate is 10,000 yen per chip. Betting such an absurd amount for a student, that's unimaginable.

Thanks to Tsukishiro on relying me this information, I won't go through the trouble of investigating the school myself just to acquire this kind of info.

As I made my way towards my class, the entire student body on the corridor have their gazes fixed at me. Drilling holes on my forehead, I continued moving ahead; one of my hands in my pocket, as I heard moans here and there.

I let out a tired sigh as I closed my eyes. Aren't they getting tired of this?

Knocking at the door of a room with a sign "Hana second", I heard a weak man's voice said "Please enter".

Opening the doors of the room, I heas towards the center of the platform where the teacher is standing. Alongside him is a girl with a long black hair, brown eyes and a girly figure wearing the girl's uniform.

She introduced herself to the class as Jabami Yumeko. The boy's erupted in joy, while the girls didn't care as their gazes are still fixed in me.