Chapter 5: Tradition

Kiyotaka will have his first gamble next chapter lmfao XD

~ ~ ~ ~

Kiyotaka POV

The second day of school finally arrived in the blink of an eye. Since dormitories aren't included within the school premises, Tsukishiro look for a small complex apartment near the school for me to stay.

A normal walk going to school will take 30 minutes if there's no vehicles stopping you on tracks, and a run or jog will take around 10 to 15 minutes depending on the person's speed and stamina.

And, of course, I will pay for it. They're too stingy despite my father's treasure. Well, I indeed have his card, but can't they answer the payment for themselves?

As for me though, the distance isn't really that much of an issue, but the neighbour's making weird noises in the middle of the night.

I mean, for goodness sake, can't they at the very least, lower their voices so that they won't disturb the peace of the people, especially me?

And to tell you the truth, in the room next to me on the right, not only one moan of a girl can be heard, but two or sometimes three. But, that's a story for another time.

It's been roughly 15 minutes ever since I left my room, the view of the river flowing peacefully under the bridge attracted my attention from afar. The school can also be seen from here.

With my new uniform on, hands on my pocket with my bag hanging on my shoulders, I crossed the big steel gate of Hyakkaou Private Academy with Ryota, whom I only met coincidentally today.

"G'morning, Ayanokoji."

"Morning."

A simple exchange of greetings happened between us as we walked down the path of the school building. It's not an exaggeration to say that I've earned all of the stares from the crowd. Maybe because I now wear their uniform? Do I perhaps, look weird?

I inspected Ryota from top to bottom, staring his appearance while returning the gaze to myself. I did the same to me, and I saw no reason for them to stare at me.

"What is it?" Ryota asked, curious about my weird movements.

"Ryota, is there a dirt in my clothes? Or maybe some on my face? A paper behind my back?"

Of course, there's no way that would happen, as I've met no one but him today. And he wouldn't do something like that anyways, as it is impossible to do that without my notice.

I've made sure to clean the clothes, too. I thoroughly washed myself earlier in the bath, just as what I'm doing like before.

I know it may sound stupid, but I really can't think of a reason for them to stare at me.

He stopped at his tracks, and I did the same. Staring at his weird way to inspect my appearance with his hand on his chin, I sighed at his antics that earned the glare of most of the girls around.

"There's nothing of that sort. Why?"

"Because people have been staring at me for a while. Is there a reason for that?"

Actually, I'm not even sure if the gazes are really on me. But I'm pretty much confident that the movements of their eyes and the speed of our walking is match.

If it isn't, however, then that's that.

"You're one hell of a dense person, aren't you?"

"Huh?" I tilted my head sideways, clueless on what he meant by 'dense'.