Chapter 11: Intervention And A Big Loss

I've been out for a month or so because.... Well, I'm lazy af while playing and watching shits. Also, school is as stressful as ever so you know.

Should I commit seppuku for the late upload...?

Hmm....

No, forget about it. The next chapter will be out soon anyway as it is only a few thousand words and a short one compared to this. It's a good way of payment right?

......right?

Ah, and I didn't have time to check for possible grammatical errors. So forgive me if you ever see one.

~ ~ ~ ~

Third Person POV

The cold, sterile air coming from the air conditioning was the only noise the people inside the room could hear. Not a single soul could utter a word nor do any kind of movements that could interrupt the constant awkwardness.

For them, the continued silence is starting to be so noisy for their ears to handle. However, no one dared to try and break it.

The same goes for the players- No, only one of them felt that way. Her opponent is still as excited as usual. Nishinitouin's calm demeanor managed to cool her down, but she herself knows that her temper has reached it's highest peak.

The silence seems to be helping her to calm down for a bit. It also managed to clear her head and pulled her sense of reality back. She could now manage to think straight, somehow; something she couldn't do earlier due to constant anger piling up on her head.

"Both parties are in agreement. I shall place ten swords into the pot!"

Despite the short Interruption that Yumeko made, Kumagusu continued the game with slight tension drawing on her face.

"Now it's all set! 10!"

The countdown immediately started as soon as she finished shaking the pot. This 10 second countdown will be the last they will hear.

Of course, no one among them gained the upper hand as the advantage. The amount of their chips also didn't changed from way back from when the game first started.

However, what made this round the last is due to Yumeko's absurd amount of bet. She decided to use all of her chips this round, with no room to spare for another game to play.

Such a risky move is something nobody expected. After all, no one knows what's happening inside this girl's head. She's an unpredictable person, not only in gambling but on other stuff as well.

Constantly teasing Nishinotouin when the game started, personally attacking her next, making fun of her name then betting all of her chips in one round. She brought all kinds of turmoil and emotions in one single day.

I can't, I can't... To lose my temper at such mere insults would only bring shame onto the students council's name. However, even if I were to win just like this, Psychologically, I would not benefit. After all, stress is a huge enemy to one's beauty.

She wants to prevent that at happening at all cost. Bringing shame to the council is something that she must not do— No, she cannot do it. Just the thought of it makes her nervous and scared. She couldn't care less about her appearance if the cost of it is embarrassing the council.

The fact that Kirari is the president makes it worse. The sole reason of her fear was this woman, nothing more.

Despite the fear enveloping Nishinotouin's body into constant trembling, she managed to keep up her smile and mature composure— Well, she tried.