Chapter 6: My First Gamble

I'm innocent here. Don't blame me.

Oh, and about my upcoming vtuber x kiyo fic. Well, I'm still brainstorming about the plot. Maybe an isekai where the vtuber characters get their skills? (Like Marine being an actual pirate. Or gura having the ability of a shark. Calli being a grim reaper.)

I'm still not sure about it. Gotta upload on my profile for any latest update.

~ ~ ~ ~

Kiyotaka POV

It was before the start of classes when Itsuki, an underclassmen, challenged Yumeko into a gamble. In which she humbly rejected and passed the baton on me.

So right now, I'm having my first gamble in this school with an underclassmen. Since I skipped a year ( Well, not really since there's only a few more months left before I become a second-year. ) and jumped my way onto the next year, I can't really call her my underclassmen, since we're technically the same age.

But anyway, let's get back to reality. I'm standing in front of a not-so-long table in the cafeteria. The chairs are removed, and two tables are stick together to form a long table, much as to what students do on forming study groups.

In front of me-on the other side of the table, stood Itsuki with her grin.

"Now then, the gamble we will be playing is called "Double Memory". As the name suggests, this is just a memory game by using two decks of cards." she stated, pulling out a deck which seems to be a brand new one put of thin air. "In normal memory, you simply match out the numbers of the card to get a point. However, in Double Memory, not only must the numbers match, but the suit as well." She said.

"In other words, every card only has one match in the every 104 card deck." she continued, looking at me with a slightly narrowed eyes, as if telling me "Do you understand?".

"I see. Thanks for the explanation. I understand the rules."

Actually, I already knew what's the rule of the game by the name itself, and there's no need to explain it to me, but it's not like I can just say that out loud either.

I took a glance at the side of my vision where my companions are. Suzui has a slight concerned look on his face, probably because of those 'strange rumors' that he's talking about earlier.

However, Yumeko has her usual interested face. If she really is interested, then why did she rejected the invitation?

Crowds startes to gather around us little by little. It's not really that big of a deal, but looks like seeing someone from the student council play a gamble against a 'famous transfer student' seems to piqued their interest.

"Okay! Now, time to talk bets. These are student council issued 1,000,000 yen chips." pulling out tons of chips from her pocket with a million yen written on it, Itsuki said so. "I'll use twenty of them."

"So I'm starting off with... 20,000,000 yen! What do you think?"

The quantity seems to be the bet Yumeko made with Saotome doubled. It goes without saying that this isn't something someone can gain just by playing a mere memory game.

I don't even think working yourself to death in a span of a year will even give you 20 million yen, let alone half of it. Huge companies will surely acquire those numbers in around half a year or maybe a full year.

But gaining those in a day is close to impossible if you're not in this school. I'm quite surprised, yet that is to be expected on a school where the main fun is revolving around money.

Anyway, now that I have that man's card with me, money isn't really an issue anymore. I already confirmed that a huge amount of yen are inside of this, and I already gain the authority to spend this as I please.