Chapter 12: Flaws

You thought I was dead you dumb fucks?! Behold, I'm alive and not doing well!

~ ~ ~ ~

Kiyotaka POV

As one of my favorite author in the literature world once said in his debut work:

"Irrationality, in a sense, is the same as stupidity, yet not. In that same reason, humans tends to do things without thoroughly thinking about the consequence, yet acts upon their own insticts."

( I thought of this. I know it's a bad quote. Can you blame me? I'm no wise man. )

Human beings are the only creatures in this world who isn't only granted the capability of thinking, but making decisions based upon their own will and freedom as well.

We are granted permission to think as we please. And of course, we can also do whatever we want, but some things, as per the rules of the society dictates, have consequences when done.

Nevertheless, some people, despite knowing this facts, still do it without thinking rationally. They have their own reasons for this, of course, but personal reasons are not accepted in a place where the sake of the humans as a whole is more important than individual values.

Anyways, it was because of 'irrationality' that bring me to this decision.

No, if I were to be honest, it's because of my own personal preference that made me chose this kind of approach.

Will it benefit me? Yes. But not immediately.

Will it benefit her? Yes. But not immediately.

Much like how things usually—No, always works, we can only gain the things we desire by doing something connected about it, and to patiently wait after that.

After all, maturity takes a lot of time. It's not something that you'll realize today and it'll magically immediately change your mindset after that.

I would only act as a bridge for her.

I will make her realize her own immaturity...

—and she herself will change in a way that will benefit the both of us.

~ ~ ~ ~

The game finally ended in favor of Nishinotouin, earning her a total of 310 million yen. Quite a large amount for a petty game, if I may say. Yumeko would probably have a hard time paying this amount of debt, but it's not totally impossible.

But for the mean time, her fate is temporarily sealed with Kirari as her master, while she will be her pet. I would love to see how things would play out. After all, this may further increase my knowledge about the pet system here at Hyakkaou.

At first, after seeing Suzui's pet tag, I already chose him as my sort of a study material. Unfortunately, he has been relinquished from her pochi title with the help of Yumeko. So using him as my test subject won't happen anymore.

But all things ended up favorable for me, so no harm has been done in my plans.... for now.

All things considered, I concluded that starting my plan today is the best move to make.

The moment the clock hit 5:00pm, we started to make our leave as clubs are supposed to end their activities and close their respective classrooms by this time.

Hands in my pocket, I was following behind Yumeko and Suzui by the stairs while listening to their conversation. I don't know where they're going as Yumeko was leading the way.

I have an idea on where exactly though, but I can't be too sure.

"310 million yen... What will you do?" Suzui's intention was as clear as day, he was worried. "D-Do you have an inheritance or something...?"