Chapter 2: Vote Rock-Paper-Scissors Pt. 1

Kiyotaka POV

The loud sound of the bell rang on everyone's ears, indicating that the school ended, the teacher left the room with a few notes with him.

Assignments aren't mandatory to do. Just as they said, studies aren't really important in this school. However, doing them will all just for manner's sake. It won't hurt to answer a few easy questions here and there, right?

I packed my things in attempt to leave, but Fate-chan is just too cruel to me. My way has been blocked by a few girl classmates to disturb my precious time.

I want to just forced my way out, but that will be too rude. Even if I'm sick tired of their antics, I need to stay cool. Showing my frustrations wouldn't really help. But it goes without saying that there's really no real reason for me to get frustrated.

Thinking that I won't leave the class anytime soon, I sat back down on my seat as the girls crowded my place. My personal space are getting invaded over time, but they won't really know anything.

About my past, in particular. But, I need to spread his name as soon as possible. Though, I'll go along with the flow for now. Getting hasty will only come back to bite me later. But being late as well will waste a ton of time.

The people around me started reducing over time. I thought that some of them already left, but I noticed that every students in the room are watching certain people in the middle of the room.

In the other side, sat Jabami with her usual innocent smile. In front of her, however, is a girl with blonde hair tied in a twin tail. Her dark yellow eyes shining by the sunset outside the window. A beauty that you can find anywhere, yet her traits are unique in its own way.

Looks like they will be playing a game called "Vote Rock-Paper-Scissors." Jabami will engage in her first traditional gambling. She seems to be excited about it though.

The girl with the blonde hair- Saotome Mary, took Ryota's long tag, closed the distance between their faces, and ordered him to get the chips.

He seems to be hesitating at first, but did what he is ordered to nonetheless. Looks like Ryota's master is Saotome, huh?

Saotome Mary is kinda famous throughout the student body- may it be the underclassmen or upperclassmen. I don't know her actual feats in this school, but some people said that she's somewhat 'average' in terms of gambling.

Anyway, Saotome explained the rules of this particular game.

All students inside the room will be given a card, and each of them will draw either rock, paper or scissors. The cards will be inserted into a box, and as all of the students finished voting for their choices, the players will draw 3 cards from the box.

The chances of getting 3 different cards are low. The chances of getting 2 of the same card, however, is high. What makes this game unique is that kind of game play.

If both of the players play the same kind of card, it's a draw, and they will pick among the remaining 2 cards in their hands. If that same situation happened, the set is a draw.

You wouldn't know what kind of cards you will get, and just like a normal rock-paper-scissors, you wouldn't know what your enemy will play either. In short, the overall chances of winnings depends on luck.

Gambling, in general, all depends on luck, too. So no wonder games here and there are like that as well.

Ryota came back with the chips. He placed it into the table, and stood up behind Jabami.

"This are the chips. The rate is 10,000 yen per chip. So, to start  we prepared 120 chips."

The chips stood proudly at the table with 120 for each side— 120 for Jabami and the same to Saotome.