Chapter 10: Insults And Mockery

Yeah, yeah, I know. The update is SUPER late. Why? 'Cause school is being a bitch again. I have an upcoming exam next week too so the updates will probably be slower than before.

And oh, if there's some grammatical error in this chap, it's 'cause my mind is still sleeping. So feel free to correct it in the comments.

And just in case you're wondering what happened to my slime and one piece fic, don't worry as I already have the next chapters ready.

Well... Kinda.

~ ~ ~

Kiyotaka POV

Sitting behind Yumeko, who cannot contain her excitement anymore, I silently fixed my stare to the board, while somehow managing to watch the player's movements at the same time.

Beside me was Suzui, of course. He's much more nervous for his friend than the player herself. No, forget about that, I bet Yumeko isn't feeling nervous at all to begin with.

And oddly enough, the other person sitting beside was the girl who welcomed us to the club, and also the same person who distributed the chips to the players. She gave me a warm smile upon noticing my glimpse, but she immediately returned her gaze to the game.

She must be excited huh? The total opposite of Suzui. Well, I'm on the same page as her though. I'm pretty curious as to how this game will end up. Nevertheless, I didn't raised my expectations high up to the point where Yumeko gained my full support.

After all, I already knew someone is going to intervene in the game.

Well, what's gonna happen will happen. Nothing can stop the inevitable. Whether if that intervention will end up helping Yumeko or not is a different case all together.

"Then, shall we start?"

Hearing Nishinotouin's signal to start, the dealer- Kumagusu, nodded her head and proceeded to put the miniature swords on the cup. After the players saw her shake the cup on the board, they began to made their votes.

It was a 10 second decision. Even if you placed your chips in the wrong number, so long as the 10 second mark is still ticking, you're free to change your vote as you see fit.

"Yup. I've got it!"

It took her 6 seconds for Yumeko to decide what number she was going to place her bet into. She was thinking the whole time, with her chin resting on her hands, as if plotting something in her mind. Nishinotouin, on the other hand, finished 4 seconds before her.

"Zero! Time's up! No more bets, please!"

Yumeko seems confident with her choices, as she held her hands together in excitement. Upon noticing the strange actions of Yumeko, Nishinotouin slightly lowered her head and took another glimpse at the board, trying to confirm where her confidence is coming from.

"It seems you're quite confident. May I ask whether or not you have a plan in mind?"

Yumeko became silent for a moment, but her smile didn't vanished for a single millisecond.

"No." She replied. "The pot has a slightly flared base, doesn't it? And so physically, there will be a higher chance for those numbers in the middle to be hit. If it didn't hit Life or Death, it'd be boring just guessing numbers, no?" Yumeko explained what was on her mind.

Since the circled shape board looks like the one using in the darts, there are three lines separating the numbers- varying from 1 to 30. The inner part of the board consists of numbers 1 to 6- with the middle part having 7 to 14 while the outer part consisting of the remaining 16 numbers due to it's large space.