Chapter 8: Saotome Mary's Fall

Ara Ara~ Did you guys miss me that much that you're dm'ing for an update? Well here it is you dip shits. Enjoy!

Saotome POV

Today was just like any other day. I was all alone, contrary to what I've experienced before, where students all surrounds me due to my position in the class.

It was terrifying, yet annoying by how they treat me now. They're all garbages. Even though I let them watch my splendid performances in my previous gambles against other students, before Jabami transferred here.

Just thinking about it makes my blood boil, gritting my teeth the whole time I'm sulking on my table. Well, it's not like I will lose anything by that, but I can't afford to just waste my time doing nothing.

Today is the day I issued my last gamble; the battle that will decide my position of being a permanent slave. Whether fate will seal that title on me forever or relinquished me from the discriminations will be known today.

After waiting for half an hour after the bell rang, I immediately stomped away from that trashy classroom and head towards the Traditional Culture Research Club. It was not my first time being here, but gambling to determine my title as a mike is definitely a first.

Just as I finally arrived in that nostalgic room, my opponent: Nishinotouin Yuriko, is already sitting on the floor, waiting for me to arrive. I didn't felt a single trace of guilt for making her wait for 30 minutes. What's important right now is to take back what I lost. Anything other than that is to be disregarded.

...Well, I guess Kiyotaka is my second most priority, but of course, it can wait. It's not like anyone will steal him away from me...

...Wait, that is definitely possible. Maybe I should make my move after this? Or perhaps plan something to gaim his affection? Ah, this is tiring!

With that, I made my way and sat across her. The board in front of me and the dealer beside me. The game started as soon as Nishinotouin explained to me the rules of the game.

~ ~ ~ ~

3rd Person POV

It was already half way after the game started. Just after Kiyotaka, Yumeko and Suzui entered the room where the gambling is taking place, they set their bags on the floor and watched the game before their eyes.

Saotome clearly saw from her peripheral vision that someone entered the said room. However, she cannot afford to waste her time to glance at the spectators. All she knew was that, a group of students came to watch the game.

It goes without saying that she's clearly having a hard time. The game was in favor of Nishinotouin since the very beginning. She was gritting her teeth as she kneeled in front of the board, trying to concentrate on her next move.

Saotome clicked her tongue in frustration, as she cannot think of any possible move to make. Tears started to form on her eyes, yet she can't bring herself to cry. It was complicated.

'This is bad' she thought to herself. 'The chips are 168 - 32 right now. At this rate... I'll definitely lose!'

Her mind was in an infinite loop of mess. She cannot think straight anymore. Saotome's last sanity is already hanging on a thread. And the pressure just gives more weight on her last hope.

However, contrary on Saotome's near destruction, Nishinotouin remained calm. She sat there on the other side of the board across Saotome, still has her eyes shut off. Nevertheless, it looks like she saw Saotome's angry face, as she put her one hand on her lips, and let out a teasing giggle.