Chapter 13: Not My Type

I'm dead thank you forever.

Lol no. I'll start updating again....

Prolly

C'mon let me procrastinate for another year

~ ~ ~ ~

Kiyotaka POV

The next day. I walked to school half an hour early before classes. On my way, as I reached the intersection streets before the main road on the way to school, I coincidentally saw Suzuki who is walking with his slotch shoulder-his expression looks like someone who didn't get a good sleep.

"Yo." I stopped for a second, raised my hand and greeted him.

"Ah...Morning, Kiyotaka."

His voice doesn't sound too well either. Is he sick? Judging from his breathing, which are mostly sighs, it's safe to conclude that he doesn't have a fever, at the very least.

"You sound unwell. What happened?"

He let out a sigh, again, upon hearing my question.

"Nothing much. Just didn't slept properly last night..." We started to walk as we met up in the intersection, then he continued. "I'm just wondering..."

"Wondering?"

He still has his troubled face, but Suzuki's eyes went serious, or rather, looked concerned for a second.

"About what will happen to Yumeko from now on..."

"Ah."

I see. So he was, and still, thinking about Yumeko's situation.

"There's nothing for us to do. Neither me nor you can do anything to help her."

Upon hearing my words, I saw his eyes widened for a bit on my peripheral vision. He looked down-frustrated.

"I know that. I'm well aware that the only thing I could do is to hope and pray that nothing bad happens to her. But that alone isn't enough to get Yumeko out of her predicament-Hell, it wouldn't be counted as a help in the first place. What I'm trying to do is just making myself feel better. I know that better than anyone else. And yet..."

He said it himself that he knows his own powerlessness to help his friend. The one and only condition for him to stretch his helping hand to Yumeko is for him to have an unimaginable amount of money.

Of course, he's not in a situation where he can earn that large amount of money-In fact, I don't think any normal human could be able to earn that amount in a lifetime and be filthy rich.

But of course, Suzuki knows that. And thus, he is frustrated.

Yumeko is his friend-our friend, so getting frustrated for not being able to help your only friend is only natural.

Well, I can lend Yumeko a hand by giving her the exact amount of money she needs to pay her debt, but that alone wouldn't solve the problem.

Of course, she will be relinquished as a pet, which is the root of Suzuki's worries, but what about Kirari?

I'm confident that she wouldn't let such a thing pass by without getting back on me- No, I'm pretty sure she'll do everything to prevent that event from happening in the first place.

Perhaps take my card from me? Blackmail me? Kill me? Anything could happen.

No one knows what she's thinking, and the same thing could be said to me as well. I have no idea what the person named Kirari Momobami is plotting.