Chapter 1

"Did you know, the longest time a person has been in a coma is 37 years.." - Unknown

Third person POV:

               In the large room, the doctors surrounded the young patient who responds after two years, fighting to surface the reality. The machines beep loud and clear in the room. The person was shifted to ECG, an emergency arrived right after the body responded.

"Quick, check the operators and ECG. Increase the supply of oxygen to patient C-236." A pitched voice commands.

"Her heart rate is slowing down."

The tension in the air gets intense as the patient that was barely awake minutes ago ended up battling for life.

The ECG machine shows the electrical variations of a patient's heart beat, an activity during the cardiac arrest. The electronic machined beeped indicating the patient's heart is becoming unresponsive.

A loud sound echoes, the graphs dying with the patients lack of response.

"Beep...beep.....eeeee-"

"Ready the CPR." The doctors move around trying one last time to save a life from falling into the jaws of death.

"Clear the chest, stand back."

The male doctor takes the two electric pads in his hand rubbing them. The AED device operates and signals for the shock wave, gripping the heart rate of the patient.

Everyone stands back watching as the pads land on the chest making the body jump with an impact.

1 minute left.

The doctor looks at the ECG for any signs of graph. Nothing

He places them down once again, the body hops still not responsive to the shock.

20 seconds left

During the cardiac arrest if the victim isn't treated by proper CPR, the brain receives severe damage within next two minutes, multiple organs fail and eventually leads to death.

The male doctor glances at the patient, taking a deep breath, he gives one last try or the inevitable will happen.

He presses the electronic pads for the third and the final time, another shock radiates, the body reacts jumping by the electric touch of the pads.

"Beep.. beep.. beep." The ECG starts as the person's heart finally starts to beat in a normal rhythm, finally out of the danger.

Everyone in the room cheers at their success bringing back the patient from the brink of death. The doctors sigh in relief congratulating each other.

The chest heaves up and down as the patient breathes under her unconscious state. She won the battle of life.

Giving her the necessary medications and after thorough check ups, the doctors leave the room.

Next day

During a routine check-up, one of the nurses notices that the young patient was waking up and rushed to call the doctors.

Meanwhile the poor soul struggled under her numb consciousness. She can hear the faint shuffling of people around and machines that went deep under her pale skin. A sharp pain radiates on the side of her skull.

Involuntarily she tries moving her legs and arms only to find stiffness among the muscles. She was confused as her entire body was on fire, throbbing in a dull pain.

Her chest felt sore for some reason unknown to her. The doctors were aware of the uneasiness the patient feels after their cardiac arrest but the girl wasn't aware of the fact that she went through one.