Chapter 5

"Sometimes the painful endings bring the best new beginnings."- Shoe Ross

Chloe's POV:

     Have you ever felt too overwhelmed or warmth spreading inside you just by seeing something beautiful?

I tried hard, really hard not to act childish and sit properly on the leather seat and failed miserably.

I keep bouncing on the seat without even realizing as I scan the outside world.

My jaw already dropped down, high-fived the ground below me minutes back. Maybe right after the car's engine roared to life and Rachel started driving into nothing but astonishing lavish forests.

The drive is almost about more than an hour from Marley's town to Brooklyn's town to the asylum.

I lost the count of time, unable to move my gaze from the surroundings. It's a long peaceful drive on a straight road passing dozens of trees through the forest.

It is shady as the trees cover the daylight by their large leaves.

"Hold your breath Chloe, the view is about to get even more interesting." Her voice chirps. My excitement didn't go unnoticed by the lady who kept chuckling at my awe-struck face.

I cock my head to the side grinning broadly as the jeeps races against the wind, making my hair float.

The woods around us start to disappear, the sun peeks out of the clouds, making the sunlight blur my vision for a second.

I shut my eyes at the sudden impact and slowly squint them open adjusting to the light.

My heart skips a beat and my breath gets caught up in my throat.

There was nothing but vast land with greenery covered as far as my eyes could manage to see along with colossal mountains in the background. The clouds floating in the perfect blue sky were adding a finishing touch to the nature's beauty.

A loud gasp escapes my dry lips.

I didn't want to blink instead consume everything I can see, burning the magnificent sight at back of my head. I grip the side of the door nearly jumping off my seat in excitement.

The black jeep glistens under the sun rays during the noon, as it speeds nearing one of the mountains. I squeal like a kid, losing my previous try-to-act-adult demeanor.

"ITS HUGEEE."

Before I could say a word a loud rattling sound resonates in the air, a bit distant but clear enough to make out.

The source of that sound comes from the mountains.

It startles me and my head creases in confusion at the sound. I look Rachel and her smile widens as she takes a quick glance at me and focuses on the road.

"Wait for it."

Right then comes out a silver notch of the vehicle followed by a long line of cabins attached to it. The silver surface of its clear body makes it gleam under the day light.

It comes out of a small tunnel made through the mountain and disappears into another tunnel in a while.

"These towns have trains..." I whisper breathless and Rachel hums in response.

My jaw hits the cars floor for the seventh time, leaving me utterly speechless.

"It's a bullet train." She cheers merrily.