Chapter 11

"How lucky I'm to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard."-Winnie.T.P

Chloe's POV:

Melissa once did say not to inquire too much about the upper floors but the little she said only made my curiosity peak to higher limits.

My stomach drops the moment I spot the figure advancing towards me.

Run.

I wanted to run further away from the sight but my body felt nothing but numb.

I couldn't feel my own legs as they began to shake, betraying my commands.

I clench my sweaty palms standing in front of the metallic bars, separating both of us.

The silhouette of a man takes small steps towards the bars before finally coming into the view. He grabs the bars with force trying to break free but only ends up shaking it.

The chains clatter and hit the bars making more noises ring across the dreadful corridor.

The man shrieks, vigorously tilting his head in every direction before banging on the metallic barrier as loud as possible.

My wobbly legs start to back off slowly as I stare at the man petrified, my lips quivering in fear.

My heart drums abnormally as I felt sweat beads start to form on my forehead.

My steps back off sluggishly from the lunatic man but I stumble on my own feet, tripping under the old rusty carpet and falling down with a loud thud.

A startled yelp escapes past my dry lips and I close my eyes shut, embracing the fall with no choice.

My back comes in contact with the dusty material of the carpet.

I gasp out loud trying to sit up quickly, placing my sweaty hands on the rusty flooring.

A pain shoots up on my lower waist and I grit my teeth, suppressing a hiss.

Damn, it hurts.

Another shrilly scream rumbles from the man's chest making me jump out of my skin.

My back collides with the bars behind me that I didn't notice earlier.

There has to be dozen of these bars all lined up one by one with insane individuals locked up inside.

I grit my teeth, sucking air through them, trying not to scream in pain as my aching back hits with the cold bars.

Before my thoughts could process for me to take any action a tingling sensation runs on my back.

My eyes widen as I feel something touching my back, a shudder passes through me. I stop breathing and hesitantly turn my neck to look over my shoulders and freeze.

A woman sat right behind me smiling ear to ear showing her pale teeth. Her hairs were loose and untied, hiding half of her face.

My own breath hitches, I try to move but I felt her long frail fingers run over my back.

Our faces were merely inches apart from the black metals. Her hot breath fans on my face, she speaks in a shaky and raspy tone, "M-myy my-"

It took everything in me to hold back my scream but I failed the moment she says the words trying to get a hold of my face.