Chapter 14

"There are no goodbye for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart."-Mahatma Gandhi.

Chloe's POV:

I gaze at the clouds that moved slowly in the clear sky. I suck in the air sharply, trying to clam my breathing. 

The cold breeze of winters hits my sweaty body, cooling it down. The velvety grass below me sways as the wind blows, sending tingles over my bare arms.

"Chloe come one, get up. I'll teach you one last trick." I groan at him.

I tilt my head upwards and scowl at Aiden who stood in front, shaking his head in disapproval.

"Cut me some slack will you. You suck as a trainer." He rolls his eyes and bends towards me. With his one arm he yanks me up swiftly back to my feet making my head spin.

I yelp loudly, as the wind cuts through my loose and messy hair from the force. I place my palm on the side of my head trying to adjust my vision and look up at Aiden smirking at me.

"Brat." I mutter under my rough breath.

Everyone were gloomy since the morning, knowing its time to bid Eric farewell. The kid tried to keep a tough stance but ended up crying seeing Melissa and Emma break down.

Currently all of us are on the ground, waiting for the lunch and to bid an inevitable farewell to Eric after that. All of his belongings were packed and set ready at the reception in the asylum. It was said that his parents will arrive around the evening.

The three girls sat with Eric on one of the benches, chatting with him non-stop. 

I should be there too.No doubt.

I look at Aiden with an urge to punch him and run away but swallow it down. This guy suddenly felt like teaching me how to tackle and self defense when needed.

Out of nowhere.

It was one of the worst decisions I made when I provoked him stating he may not know how to even kick or punch. To compensate my misjudgment here I'm with Aiden trying to learn some dumb tricks.

Why will I even need these?

"Lets practice that one move again." He says sternly keeping an unreadable expression on his features.

I mumble incoherent words under my breath as he walks behind me. I stand idle waiting for him to continue.

Two large arms grab my waist from behind making my back collide to his chest. This was the second time we were doing how-to-defend-yourself trick when someone grabs you from behind.

 My senses perked up making me wild and alert. It made me feel uncomfortable as my personal place was closed. I tried to wriggle out of his strong grasp only for him to tighten it.

I'll end up bruised for sure.

"Focus Chloe." He barks making me flinch.

Aiden never goes easy when it comes to training. Noted.

I grit my teeth, clenching my sweaty fist. I slightly bend down and raise my left foot before landing it harshly over his feet. I cringe as he hisses.

It didn't matter if I hurt him during the training. ' It tickles me' was all he quoted at my punches and kicks.

I don't give him enough time to process before I straighten my back and use all my strength left within me for the final blow. I push my head back with a strong force managing to hit his jaw, since my height cant reach his nose, his grip on my waist loosens.