Chapter 6

"We met for one of the two reasons, either you're a blessing or a lesson"- Unknown

Chloe's POV:

Rachel excuses herself and goes along with the fat terrorizing nurse who dragged the man inside the building.

I look around the ground. People seem to be busy in their stuff. I sling my back over my shoulder walking ahead. The green-feathery grass below urged me to remove my shoes.

I spot a vacant marble seat a few inches away. I head towards it, deciding to sit for a while until Rachel comes back.

I felt eyes around stare at me as I ignore them walking to the bench. Sitting down, I place my bag on the bench. My shoulders relax taking in the peaceful atmosphere around.

The wind blows making leaves of the trees rustle. The grass sways gracefully dancing along with the wind. I remove my shoes feeling the soft texture on my skin sending tingles.

Closing my eyes shut, I breathe in the fresh air. The wind is making my dark hazel colored hair to swirl along with it. A small strand of it escapes covering my eyes.

"H-hi."

I nearly jump out of my skin startled by the voice.

I turn my head towards the source. My brown orbs clash with striking ocean blue ones.

The air blows making both our hair mimic the velvety grass. The red-yellow shades of leaves fall from the trees that stood beside him, moving along with wind.

For some reason, I couldn't take my eyes off from him, being drawn to those eyes. I feel the world around us zone out and there's no one except for the two of us.

I mentally wondered how can people have such captivating eyes.

His eyes sparkled with amusement and happiness.

His jet black hair makes him stand out with the color of his eyes. He seems to be around my age or a year older than me.

The guy sits next to me.

He's wearing the same dress as everyone around here. I guess it as the asylum's dress-code.

I sigh as a mental relief washes me. I don't have to worry about my clothes since I've only two pairs, one inside the bag other one that I'm wearing.

"Hello there", I reply back politely, glancing away from him to break the eye contact. The grass suddenly looks interesting.

From the corner of my eye I catch him staring at me. My heart starts skips a beat.

"Can you play with me? I-I want a passenge-er to depart."

It was for this?

I crane my neck to look at him in bewilderment.

It takes a moment for me to comprehend he isn't fooling around with me. I study him, those eyes shine with strange thrill.

A thought strikes me at the speed of lighting. I come to a realization that he must be like everyone around here. Mentally disabled.

A dull ache tugs my heart. For some unknown reason, I didn't want to believe it.

Before I could reply he interlocks his hand with mine and pulls me back on my feet. I stare at him surprised. I feel tingles crawl all the way up on my arm from his touch.

Snap out of it Chloe!

"Let's go, hurry!"

I open my mouth to deny but his innocence shuts me right away. Quickly, I dig my foot inside my white sneakers and sling my backpack.