Chapter 7

"My destination is no longer a place, rather a new way of looking at things."-Henry Miller.

Chloe's POV:

I stood in the corner watching people fill inside the hall along with their respective nurse.

Melissa brought me here, more like dragged even after my rejection. I scan the crowd in search of a particular black head.

It is a huge hall that looks like a cafeteria with dozens of tables. The sizzling aura of food hits my nostrils and my stomach growls in response.

The hospital may look like a haunted mansion from the outside but the inner view is pretty impressive. The building is renovated adding a new look to it.

I sigh frustrated as I look down at my feet with one shoe missing.

I need to go find it but which way did I come from again?

Melissa dragged me through various dizzy corridors that went in different directions. I wasn't able to keep a track of the way we headed from.

I look around to find an empty table on my left and head towards it. It is further away from the rest of the tables.

I pull the chair back taking a seat exhausted by the events from earlier.

I lazily scan the patients who sat with their meals.

Some of them are able to eat the food on their own while others are fed by staff in charge of them. Few of them created a mess with the food, spilling it all over the place.

I chuckle lightly as I spot few kids giving some hard time to their nurse, who had to chase them with the tray of food.

Another growl escapes my empty stomach.

I sigh, getting up from the seat. Maybe I should go around asking my way outside and find Rachel.

"Make way for delicious food!"

I glance up to meet the same black eyes with two trays. She takes a seat quickly pushing a tray towards me.

"Eat up rookie." I look up surprised to find her already enjoying her feast. My mouth waters at the sight of the food but I hesitate.

I still have to find Rachel...

I shake my head, who am I kidding?

I pull the chair and take a seat.

The tray has one piece of bread along with curry and a few cucumbers. I dig in like a hungry tigress. The food here does not taste as good as the one served in the hospital but it still did wonders to my stomach.

"I swear I stood in the line before Mel yet she gets to have the lunch before me."

"I have my doubts. She probably bribed the cooks A."

I look up to find the Emma with her sister sit at the side of the table. Aiden takes a seat across me, glaring at Melissa.

Melissa shrugs at them, munching on her bread.

I tense at their arrival, guilt of attacking Aiden settles within me. I look down at plate, suddenly cautious of the people around me.

All four of them eat peacefully. Melissa and Emma talked once or twice but Aiden sat in complete silence. I notice his hair were wet, few drops of water fell from the side of his head.

The tension in the air is so thick for me. I could easily cut it with a knife. I shift uncomfortably on my seat.

It's now or never.