Chapter 24

"When you love someone you just do, there are no but's, no maybe's, no why's"- Unknown

Xavier's POV:

I lean forward, placing my head between my hands and covering my face. My heart tugs with a dull ache with every second that passes.

I hear shuffling of feet and glance up with bloodshot eyes to find even more doctors rushing into the ICU, making me frown.

I walk towards the door that had a small red light open above the doorframe, indicating operation is on. My eyes scan over Chloe's body that was surrounded by the hospital staff. Several tubes pierced into her pale.

I didn't even realize when tears started to brim my eyes as I watched them clean her injuries.

The door opens making me step back and a short nurse walks out with a steel bowl filed with blood stained tissues.

"Sister w-will she be alright-"

"Sir, please take a seat. The operation is still going on, she has been injected with Trxyonate." With that she dashes off into other direction leaving me helpless.

My mind was going insane. I felt like I'll break and tear everything my gaze lands on, unable to control myself.

Chloe, you're my cure, you're my curse.

You helped me, everyone else. I wouldn't have recovered from the trauma if it wasn't for you. I dread over the fact, I'll fall into another such episode if I lose you too.

I stalk towards the cold metallic chairs and take a seat.

Aiden was in a small ward where he was still resting, luckily he didn't suffer any severe damage except for blood loss.

Emma was in other room being operated but it lasted only for an hour and she was out of danger. She was also shifted to the same ward as Aiden.

It's been past more than two hours and they still haven't announced anything about Chloe's condition.

I massage the brink of my nose, getting anxious and pale. From the corner of my room I eye another old doctor heading towards the bulky doors where Chloe is being treated.

"Sir, will s-she be a-alright." I stand up the moment he walks past me. The man has a white beard and he glances over his shoulder.

"Please stay put. There aren't any chances of getting cured from Trxyonate, but we are trying our best."

He walks away, adjusting the surgeon mask, into the room.

My shoulders fall slump and dreadful thoughts swirl in my head.

What if she doesn't make it..

I shake my head furiously, cupping my face and closing my eyes shut.

Damn it. She has to.

She can't leave me alone on my own.

Minutes pass, as I waited outside the ICU desperately.

"Are you Mr. Xavier?" My eyes trail up towards the man dressed in a police suit. His dark black orbs held me captive and I nod at him slowly, glancing away.

He heaves a long sigh and takes a seat beside me. "I'm Mr. Roy, I just came to check by on you and your friends."

I hum at him in a dull tone. My mind lingers to Chloe, who was still battling for her life. I bite back the tears that threatened to spill out.

I still haven't told her how I feel. There is so much that I wanted to show her, be with her but what if I'm living dreams that were never meant to be fulfilled.