Chapter 15

"A pleasant illusion is better than a harsh reality."- C.N.Bovee

Chloe's POV:

It is the same tree I'm seeing this time. The leaves are crimson, yellow and red indicating the season of Fall as they rustled against the wind.

I stare at the huge thick trunk wondering what's so special about such an old tree.

I turn around walking away in the other direction. The sky matched the autumn season as the sun took its time to set. I stop when a small frame of a boy appears few feet ahead of me.

I stare at him as his back faces me. The boy looks over his shoulders and I squint my eyes as those soft hazel orbs stare at me.

For some reason, I knew these eyes but I couldn't pin point who this person is.

My memory if too foggy that I'm unable to reach to my segments of the past.

A scream escapes my lips and a dull agonizing pain bursts at the side of my head. Instantly my hand covers my skull and I crouch down on my knees as the pain begins to make me numb.

I blink, my entire body shaking. I squint my eyes open and blink several times to clear my vision. The headache vanishes making me sigh in relief.

I tilt my head up and freeze at the sight.

My entire surroundings changed and I stood in front of a mini cooper that lay upside down. The wheels of the car kept rotating showing it was just recently trashed in this position. The side of the car where the engine was below it, fumed with hot steam, rising up in the dark night.

I gulp when my eyes trail down and lock itself at the windows that were no longer tact. It's pieces were shattered into tiny shards and scattered on the gravel road where I stood deadpan.

My breath hitched as I spotted pool of blood gushing from inside the car. I kneel down in panic, wondering If someone is inside and wounded.

My gaze lands on the young girl, her back was hunched in a awful position. Blood oozed from her head where the glass pieces pierced their way into it. Her dark wood hair were soaked in her own blood that covered her face. Her chest heaved up and down in slow rhythm telling she is alive.

My hands trembled as I lean towards the girl planning to save her. The blood painted different streams on the road, soaking my shoes with it. I try to reach for her making sure not to touch the broken glass frame.

Sweat beads form on my forehead and I raise my hand towards her face to push her hair aside in an attempt to inspect the wound. My thin fingers slowly graze her soaked hair and I push them behind her ear. I look at the gash that went deep in her head making me cringe. Blood gushed out from the wound.

My eyes trail towards the face of the poor victim and I stun in horror. My stomach drops and I felt the air knocked out of my lungs. The headache starts to appear but my sight was more terrifying than the pain for now.

I stare at the girl who looked like me, years younger than me. The same hair color if not, it was caked in crimson liquid. The same pale face and lips, her nose-

My heart stops beating as I stare at myself. 

A deep scream rumbles across my chest as I back away from her. I trip and fall behind, my eyes growing wide in absolute terror.My face contorts in pain, the headache started to multiply its killer effect and my sight started to blur.