Chapter 10

"Things will end but memories will last forever"-Unknown.

Chloe's POV:

Everything happened so quickly I didn't have any time to register.

I can't recall or understand why Aiden tensed up seeing a blood stained cloth till he pinned me to the wall, hitting his fist to the wall beside my face.

My entire frame froze in its place, color draining from my face as I stare at the conflicting orbs.

"A-Aiden."

Another blow.

I flinch at the impact he sends and receives from damaging the wall next to me. I shudder inwardly imagining my face receiving that punch.

What did I get myself into?

If I try to speak, he will send another blow towards the wall or possibly right at my face.

My thoughts were racing against each other as I spot Emma behind Aiden, over his broad shoulders.

Our gazes clash and my eyes scream for help. She stares back alert and surprised.

Emma quickly pulls Aiden away from me. I gasp loudly trying to ease my breathing.

I triggered something I shouldn't have.

Aiden is a cool guy, this is something I realized within a few days. He would never act the way he did unless provoked or triggered.

Then again, I did nothing that would provoke something physical like this.

I'm pretty sure I am missing a piece of puzzle.

I glance at Emma who signals me to move away before I mouth a 'thanks' and take off like a scared soldier fleeing from a battle ground.

I run away, trying to breathe normally. My heart was thundering inside my chest.

I need to find Melissa and ask her about Aiden.

If I don't learn about the past my friends have been through, I'll never be able to either help or support them in anyway.

I make my way towards the gates of the asylum. I push open the glass door and the warm breeze hits me.

I scan around to find Melissa sitting alone on one of the bench. I furrow my eyebrows as I approach her slowly.

She looks tensed up just like Aiden was seconds back.

I gulp visibly. Was it the blood that triggered them?

Melissa senses me as she looks up, her worry ceased face clearing and a small grin spreading her features.

I sigh relieved walking to her and take a seat beside her.

"I'm sorry, I r-really don't k-know but-" My face retorts into fresh guilt as I try not to break into tears- " I'm s-sorry for what I triggered within you and Aiden.."

At first she frowns, confused.

My voice came out as a weak whisper as Melissa's confused face stretches into panicked one hearing Aiden's name.

She jumps to her feet but I catch her wrist before she can run away.

"Emma is with him." I mumble softly.

Her tensed shoulders relax at the mention of Emma being with her brother. She sits beside me slightly uncomfortable.

"It isn't your fault Chloe. You don't even know anything to apologi-"