Chapter 9

Warning:

><The chapter includes blood, gore and cannibalism. Read at your own risk.><

Chloe's POV:

I rush past the patients, my eyes scanning the corridors in search of any nurse I could find. I catch a glimpse of a short woman from the corner of my eye.

"Sister I n-need help..It is Eric. H-he is hurt." My lips quiver as I speak hastily to her.

The woman furrows her brown eye brows in confusion. Her eyes widen upon seeing the blood stained white cloth in my trembling hands.

Eric fell off the tree under my count, the guilt stabbed my heart when I witnessed his gashed knee.

All I managed was to wipe off the blood only to welcome more, oozing out from his fresh wound.

"What happened?" It surprised me how calm her voice is compared to my shaky one.

"E-eric fell off the tree..h-he is on the ground w-with Melissa."

She sighs and places her hand on my shoulder, tightening its grip.

"I will go look after him, don't stress. You go get another piece of cloth from the laundry room and come back to the ground." She nods her head firmly before rushing in the same direction I came from.

I feel useless from the inside. Eric would have been just fine only if I had done my patrolling duty properly.

It is my fault.

Since the day I came here, I only managed to hurt people around me. I'm not even trying to improve myself, hell with that, I barely got any better.

My shoulders slump back as I make my way towards the laundry room. Maybe the nurse asked me to get a cloth just to get rid of me.

There obviously isn't any need of clothes when you can have a good first-aid kit.

I take small unsteady steps, turning to one of the corridors when my eyes meet Aiden's.

I tighten my grip on the blood stained cloth. I can skip the lunch today.

I ate enough of guilt to last for tonight.

The first thing Aiden does is run over to me, seeing my shock state.

"Chloe, what's wrong? Were you c-crying!?" He places his hands on both the sides of my shoulders shaking me.

He looks down at my hand and suddenly pauses. His shoulders tense at the sight I hold for him.

My breath comes out shaky knowing he will be disappointed at me.

"Eric..he got hurt because of me.."

His soft brown orbs turn pitch dark, dilating his tiny pupils at me.

Aiden's POV:

I tried shaking her to snap her back to reality.

Damn, she looks like a mess.

I gaze down at her hands as they hold a white blood stained piece of cloth.

At that moment, I felt like someone poured a bucket of ice cold water right over my head. I freeze, tensing up immediately at the sight.

Blood...

"....of me."

I was sure Chloe is trying to explain something. I look at her but my vision blurs making her face disappear.