CHAPTER 18: LARRY

I woke up quite early the following morning and got ready to go to the meeting. After having my breakfast with a cup of coffee, I left. While going down, for a second it came to my mind that I should meet Larry but then I recalled his hospitalization the other night. Although yeah, it was my fault trespassing him but that line of generosity was annoying. Anyways, I decided to leave him alone that day. We were surrounding him too much.

So I went down, boarded the bus and reached office in time.

.......

That was a tiring meeting. I was fatigued. It started from 9 a.m. and ended at 6 p.m. throughout that time, I was pretty much involved in everything. I had to make an impression upon my boss, of course. After the meeting got over, I went over to my desk, had six gulps of water from my bottle and took out my phone to check if there were any messages. There were plenty!

Bob had texted, 'That stupid Larry has again gone missing'. I sighed in disgust.

A long list of messages followed it from both Bob and Fred. Bob did not have any task to do that day. So he wasn't there in the office. I was just about to get up and run home when I heard the sound of notification from my phone. I took out the phone from my pocket and on unlocking it, it displayed-

One message from Larry.

I quickly opened it in desperation. He had texted-

Get to the Warwick's and meet me. And ya... I want you alone here.

That message gave me mixed feelings. I was relieved that he was safe but I was also astounded as why did he text me like that. Now I had no choice but to get back to that hell.

That too alone!