17

"Kōtarō, I like you."

He felt his hold body stiffen. His heart was racing a mile a minute. You liked him, YOU liked HIM.

'This can't be real!', he thought.

"You don't have to like me back. I get if this was one sided.", you said quietly, pulling him from his thoughts. "I just needed to be honest with you...", you look away from him.

  You expected it to be silent before he said anything, but Bokuto, being himself, started without a second thought, "I like you! I umm, I like you too, Y/n..." You looked at him with pink cheeks, and he looked at you anxiously. "Really?", you ask him flatly, "That's how you respond when I tell you I love you?", he shouts, seeming even more nervous. "W-wait! I'm sorry, it's just...... I'm happy and surprised, I don't know how to act...", you yelped.

   He grabs your hands gently, "I honestly don't know either. I just feel like it's all a dream.", he smiled warmly. "To think that just a few months ago we didn't even know each other's names.", you whisper more to yourself. "Crazy.", he said softly. He pulled you into a hug, and laid his head on yours. You wrap your arms around him. "You think your parents will be worried about you? It's late.", he asked pulling you closer. "They know I'm safe. I told them I was with you.", you smiled. You start to pull away, but he just holds you tighter. "Bokuto... I still have to go home you know.", you whine, though it felt nice. He begrudgingly let you go, "Fine, lets go, I guess.", he pouted, slouching his shoulders. He started walking ahead of you. You quickly followed him grabbing his hand gently. He glanced at you feeling his heart swell.

   You both continue your way to your house.

   "So, are we like dating?", you ask him feelings fluster over such a simple concept. He turns red and continues to look forward, "I mean we might be? That's how it works with confessions and stuff right?", he said questionably, "Wha- I thought you understood all this dating stuff!", you questioned him. "What! I've never really paid attention to girls, till I met you... So you'd be my first girlfriend.", Bokuto mumbled.

   "So you haven't kissed anyone before?", you asked. He went quiet. You looked at him shocked, "Wait. You said you haven't had a girl-", you stop yourself, "Was it a guy? Have you had a boyfriend? Do you even like me?", you start to spin down a downwards spiral. "Y/n!", he shouts worriedly, and embarrassed. "I haven't had a boyfriend either! But I have kissed a guy...", he said shyly, "Was it Akaashi?", you ask quickly.

   "Wha- no. Why.....you wouldn't know him!", he stuttered.

   You stop seeing how uncomfortable he was, "Sorry that's none of my business.", you squeeze his hand lightly.

   "So you haven't kissed anyone by the sound of it...", he ask you. You feel your cheeks heat up, "Yeah, I haven't."

   It's quiet for the rest of the way but it wasn't unpleasant.

The both of you slowly walk on to your front porch. You stopped and looked at him, "Well, we're here... Umm tonight was, eventful.", "Yeah...", he exhaled. You both turn to face each other, feeling the awkward tensions build. "So if I told everyone you were my...boyfriend. Wou-would that be okay?", you asked nervously. "Oh! Yeah! Yes! Umm, sure that's umm, perfect, no... Great? No, amazing? Yes that's umm, amazing!", Bokuto stutters happily. He wraps his arms around you lifting you into the air. You yelp at his actions, and quickly cling onto him. "Sorry! Umm, well um goodnight?", he said apologetically, setting you back down. "Oh... yeah, goodnight.", you said quietly.

You watch him slowly walk away, and you turn around to go back inside. Tonight was so unexpected. Maybe Tamika canceling practice wasn't so bad, and Bokuto, he liked you too.