8

Bokuto walked you home as you held on to his arm tightly. The silence was peaceful in a way, but he could feel how tense you are.

"Y/n?", Bokuto questioned nearly whispering. You hum looking up at him.

Bokuto didn't realize how much taller he is then you till now. He was 6'3, while you were just below average at 5'2 and a half. You always made that a point, because your not short. He chuckled and looked away.

"What?", you questioned looking at him curiously. "I just realized how much shorter you are then me.", he chuckles taking a glance at you.
"I'm not short your just freakishly tall!", you pout pulling on his arm a bit. He laughs at your childish response, but he can't really judge at acting like a little kid. "Gosh! Is this how you treated Akaashi when he was your favorite!", you jokingly shout, "If this is how being the favorite is then I quit!" He wraps his arms around your shoulders laughing. "You can't quit!", he yells loud enough for the whole neighborhood to hear.

   "SSHHH!", you giggle at him, "You're to loud Bokuto!"

Bokuto looked at you, and his stomach felt so bubbly. He smiled at you saying sorry. He still held your shoulder trying not to overthink his actions. You laugh, and start to waddle forwards. "AhAhAH!", he laughed in your ear.

Chuckling you continue to waddle down the street. Not long after you guys finally turn on to your block.

Bokuto let's go of you stiffly then shoves his hands in his pockets. "You good?", you ask seeing his behavior. "Yea, umm. I just don't want your dad to chase me again!", Bokuto stutters anxiously. You give him a smallest laugh. "Yea my dad doesn't like very much!", you say casually.

Bokuto could nearly feel the knife stab him in the back.

"How dare he put hand on my little girl! I'm gonna pulverize that piec-", you're cut off by Bokuto whining, "He already hates me!" You look at him kind of shocked that he care so much about how your dad thought of him.

"Don't worry, I don't let my dad choose who my friends are!", you chirp trying to cheer him up.

    'Friends', lingered in his head.

He did not feel better after that. You sigh that he is still upset about your dad, but you don't know how to make him feel better. You see your house ,and glance at Bokuto. You felt slightly sad that soon you would say goodnight to him. When the two of you reached your door you sighed.

"Thanks Bokuto for walking me home. You are really, really great at volleyball.", you said turning to him with a half smile. "Yea, it's no problem!", he said trying to sound less sad.

"Night Bokuto."

"Goodnight Y/n."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

   You walk inside your house to find your mother on the couch smirking at you. "You said he was just a friend~", she tease raising an eyebrow at you. "Gosh! HE IS!", you shout turning a beet red. She laughs at you heading back in to the kitchen.

"I'm just teasing you sweet pea!", "Well, Stop! Dad will kill him if he thinks we're more than friends.", you lightly chuckle while saying the last part. "Oh! You should invite him over for dinner!", she chirps. "Did you not hear me say that dad WILL KILL HIM IF HE THINKS WE'RE MORE THAN FRIENDS!"