21

Bokuto quickly ran down the street.

"Dude, practice is over! Why are you running?", Washio yelled at him. Akaashi sighed and shook his head, "He's going to Y/n's house." Komi joined in the conversation, "Isn't that the girl that came to practice awhile back?" Akaashi nodded, "They're dating now." Washio stopped in his tracks, "Bokuto has a girlfriend before me? You're lying!" He grabbed Akaashi's shoulders and shook them lightly. "No I'm serious.", he said with a blank expression. Komi pulled Washio from Akaashi, "Dude stop messing with him! He's judging us silently!!!" The two boys made an uncomfortable face and took a step back, "See you guys later.", Akaashi sighed with zero patience. The other boys yelped and started running off in the opposite direction, "Bye Akaashi!", "Bye!!!"

    A smile was on Bokuto's face as he ran down the street, earning several bewildered looks from bystanders. It felt like he was about to explode from how happy he was. The whole day seemed to drag itself out, but now he was minutes from your house. His calves burned as he pressed on, but he wasn't stopping till he was in front of your house. His heart was racing but it wasn't from running. Why was he antsy to see you? The two of you were literally dating. As he got closer it felt like his chest was going to burst. Were you okay? Did the rest of your day go well? Soon he was panting outside your house. He stared at the house as his nerves made his knees feel weak. He was about to walk towards your door when he heard a car pull up. He turned and saw your father pull into the drive.

    Now he was really nervous.

    Your dad hopped out of the car, "Hello, Bokuto." He smiled and continued to pull his briefcase out of the car. "Hey, I was just coming to see how Y/n was!", Bokuto's voice was clearly nervous. Your dad laughed, "Don't worry, I'm not after you today." Bokuto face turned to dread, "Today?", which only made your dad laugh more. He gestured for Bokuto to follow him inside, "Did you run here?"

    "I... I mean.. yeah.", he fiddled with his hands. Your father only smiled as he started to unlock the front door, "I'm not judging. If I'm honest it's good to know that you can't wait to see her, but it's purely innocent, right?" He stopped and looked at him with a blank face.

    "Purely innocent, sir!"

    "Great!" He swung the door open, "We're home!" A faint voice called from deep within the house, "We're?" Your mother came around the corner and smiled, "Bokuto! I'm so glad your here! How was your day?"

    "It was good. Thanks for letting me come over.", he said respectfully. She laughed, "Your such a respectful young man! Y/n is in the garage.", she waved him off. Music echoed faintly through the short hall that was filled with pictures of Y/n and various people playing instruments. He knocked on the door before he entered, and the sound of the music hit him. It was practically blaring in the room itself. "Y/n?", he called looking around the room. His eye caught you, tears in your eyes as you paced the room, covering your mouth as you hugged yourself.

   Your eyes grew wide when you saw him and gasped. You practically ran and covered his mouth and motioned for him to be quiet. You slowly removed your hand and closed the door behind him and rested your head against the door.

   "Y/n," he whispered gently.

   You didn't dare look at him. You wiped your nose, conscious that it was very runny.

    "Y/n.", his voice was more stern, and gently pulled your wrist towards him. You slowly turned and looked at the ground, "I'm sorry. I thought I was okay, I thought I was," your voices cracked as the lump in your throat nearly choked you. You chewed the inside of your cheek terrified to even look at him. "Why are you sorry?", he whispered and ran his fingers through your hair. You stared at your hands anxiously, "I don't want to upset you, I feel like I've let you down, and I'm being a hassle..."