Chapter 1 (Prologue)

Chapter 1 (Prologue):

Evangeline PoV:

4 Months Earlier:

I sat in my bed crying. They all hated me. It was Elena, my twin sister made them hate me. Just thinking about it made me sob more and more. It had been a month since any of them talked to me. Every time I saw anyone but Jeremy all I got was heated glares and nasty comments sent my way. When my tears dried I decided that I couldn't take it anymore. It was 2 in the morning so I would have plenty of time to get out of town before someone tried to get me back. Not that it was likely. I quietly packed some clothes, credit cards and other necessities. Once I was finished packing I quickly decided to leave letters in Jeremy's room for everyone to explain what had actually happened. I didn't care if they didn't believe it. I just wanted them to hear my side of the story. When all of the letters were done I slipped them into Jeremy's room careful not to wake him up and left without another thought. It didn't take long for me to pass the "leaving Mystic Falls" sign. When it was out of sight I let out a sigh of relief finally feeling the weight lift off my shoulders. Driving straight ahead not knowing or caring where I was going. Instead of the weight on my shoulders I felt my whole life. I felt... free.

Now:

It has been around four months since I left Mystic Falls and I have never felt better. I could tell Bonnie was trying to find me but I had already thought of her trying to find me through a locator spell and had a witch I had found a few towns away put a protection spell on me that would only stop working if she died. She was about 30 so I knew that wouldn't be for a long while. I went to a bunch of different places like Chicago, New York, Texas and Florida. My 17th birthday had rolled around a week ago and I finally decided that I needed to settle and finish school. It took me a while to decide where to go but soon enough I found a town that I hadn't heard of and it would be a perfect fit. Beacon Hills.

(A/N The chapter is quite short but don't worry they will be getting longer. Hope you all are enjoying it! )