Chapter 16

Chapter 16:

Evangeline PoV:

Now:

The rest of the ride to the loft was nowhere near as eventful as before. The air was light around us as we completely forgot what had happened only hours prior. Our shoulders were no longer tense and there were no questions we needed to ask right now even if we had them.

After the kidnapping I felt this tingle in my stomach, it wasn't the average butterflies you hear about in every movie but rather a strange tingling sensation that shot around a certain part of my stomach, almost making me feel nauseous.

At first, I thought I was just a little nervous about telling Scott about my past but after I told him it still wouldn't go away. Soon after telling him, it seemed to get bigger almost like a pulsing in my stomach. It wasn't painful but it was definitely uncomfortable, however, all my thoughts on the subject were pushed away and the pulsing almost numbed after Scott began talking again, teasing me over my fall which brought me back to my pouting and grumbling.

Scott's laughter echoed through the car as we went before he suddenly stopped, confused. I looked ahead and then my own grumbling stopped and my pouted mouth formed a thin line. We were at the loft, the nerves that had been kept at bay suddenly rushed over me.

I couldn't do this! What was I thinking? They'll hate me. I lied to them. What if they began to ignore me? What if they ended up hating me like everyone else. My thoughts drowned me and suddenly it was like I was suffocating. I couldn't breathe. The world began to darken as my breathing became less and less. I tried to desperately grasp the oxygen in the air, my lungs began to burn, my eyes began to water, my hands began to move around frantically desperately trying to find something to cling to, to hold onto, to keep me grounded to the world.

My thoughts were derailed when I heard something except my own thoughts and white noise...

Scott PoV:

Before Evangeline's panic attack:

As I drove to the pack meeting thoughts swirled in my mind. The past 24 hours had completely changed my view on the world. When I had asked Evangeline to hang out I hadn't thought it would shift my world so much. When she had said yes as cliché as it sounds my whole world seemed to brighten and my heart fluttered as butterflies flew in my stomach.

When we sat in the diner and talked I felt a connection deeper than what I had with anyone else. We had so much in common, I felt a sense of accomplishment whenever she laughed, smiled or blushed and I got so invested in making her laugh, blush and smile that I completely forgot the concept of time.

When we finally decided it was time to leave the diner I felt a sense of dread fill me. It wasn't my paranoia playing up but rather the thought of not being near Evangeline. Ever since I had seen Evangeline I couldn't explain the feelings I had near her, it made me want to be next to her all the time, hold her, protect her all the time. The sensation had come out of nowhere, to be honest when I first saw her at Janie's with Stiles, we had not wanted to go to Janie's in the first place we were just going to stay at his but for some reason I had this pull to go to Janie's, it was like every step I took away from the place my heart screamed to go back so much it started to hurt but that all went away when I got their and saw her. I didn't even speak to her and yet it was like I had known her my whole life, she soothed my screaming heart by just being in my presence.

After the first time I saw her, weird things started to happen to me, ever since I saw her I was filled with a sense of loneliness and yearning, a longing to be back in her presence. No matter what happened or how much my pack made me laugh and smile it never seemed to make the yearning and longing go away.